“Lost property”

Premier Inn Durham North Hotel
Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in Durham
Reviewed 30 March 2014

We left a charger for an ipad after our stay on 15 March. As soon as we realised this after driving home, we rang and were told that it had been found and would be posted to us. We offered to pay the postage but were advised this was not necessary. Unfortunately, and after a follow-up call, nothing has been received.
There was no wifi available on the evening of our stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 27 March 2014

Spotless, quiet and the staff are a credit to the company - well done everybody. I had to stay an extra night due to circumstances beyond my control and the hotel was fully booked but the staff got me in at another Premier Inn nearby within minutes.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 March 2014 via mobile

I was in the north east on business and booked in to the Premier Inn Durham North because I find the brand reliable. I was not disappointed. The only gripes I had were that I could not get the room to heat up. Fortunately I quite like a bedroom on the chilly side. I noticed that they did offer to provide heaters but I could not be bothered to ask! The other annoyance was that some how they had managed to restrict the TV volume to 40% on the on screen display. I can see that this is to prevent inconsiderate users from disturbing adjoining rooms, but I like to be able to plug in my portable movie player which unfortunately has a low volume output. This necessitated me sitting right next to the TV to be able to hear the dialogue! Food is available at the pub next door. Typical British chain pub food so not inspiring, but service was excellent as was the breakfast served in the same place. Sat Nav took me to an industrial estate despite entering the coordinates - but not sure whose fault that was! Generally very pleased.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Friendly staff and clean comfortable room. Excellent position for visiting historic Durham. We will definitely be back....................................................................................

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Stayed here for one night with my husband and son, two rooms. Upon arrival we were warmly greeted by Judith on reception who I have to say was lovely, welcoming and very cheery. It is so refreshing to get a receptionist who actually seems to enjoy her job and wants yo assist you as opposed to some who you feel think they're doing you a favour when you check in. Rooms were usual Premier Inn, I like the fact you know what your getting and there is never any surprises, as usual excellent cleanliness. Bed was a little hard which was disappointing as they market them as being super comfy, but I'm told they are in the process of changing all beds so fingers crossed.
All in all great stay, thank you.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 March 2014

We were in Durham on family business and required accomodation for several nights. Each time that we were dealt with by Reception, room staff and so forth we were treated in a very friendly fashion, and made to feel that were welcome. The room was the usual Premier Inn, comfy and clean. The location was good, quiet with no road noise. Meals taken at the Brewers Fayre were very good value, can recommend the curry night and the fish and chip night. Ony two moans, and perhaps personal to me, I like black pudding with my breakfast, and its not on the menu, and only 30 minutes free wi fi. Other hotels offer free. Still, you cannot have everything. Staff in the restuarant were also very friendly and helpful. What a cheery bunch. We are planning another stay and won`t bother looking anywhere else.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 March 2014

The hotel itself was good value as always and pub next door fine. I'd had a late night (it was my Birthday) and intended to sleep in late the next morning (taking advantage of not having to leave the room until 12:00 noon) .My partner left for work quiet early, leaving me to a leisurely morning, but unfortunately I was rudely awakened around 8:30 by workmen knocking window frames out a few rooms away!! I was not a happy bunny and was in effect driven out of the room by 10:00.because of the noise!! When I complained to the receptionist on the way out she pointed to an insignificant typed piece of paper on inner entrance door and said "that told you it was happening", Maybe customers should also have been warned when they checked in or had something left in the rooms explaining the situation as I can't believe anyone would have read the notice on the reception door. We had been in and out of it twice and didn't spot it!! Either way it ruined my stay!!,,and my Birthday!! Sleep quality is therefore rated terrible because of this!! (although up til then it was very good!!)

Room Tip: Check if any building works are going on before booking!! We were not advised as to the situation a...