Right now i am sitting on the bed in the Hallgarth Manor Hotel, the reason i am still in it, is because everywhere else is full. I am hoping i can make it through the night without slashing my wrists.
Not only is it a dank dull despressing hotel, with very poor facilities, but the receptionist is no better. To start i thought i had a nice flat screen 3D TV, but it turns out it is just an awful reception and double picture. Damp running down the wall, but the worse bit is, that inside the awful bathroom, there is no shower( a bare minimum now days i think), when i mentioned this to the receptionist she asked me if i had requested a room with a shower,( oops my fault as i did not) if you intend to stay here as a last resort, please remember to request a room with a shower. While you are requesting your shower you may as well request a bed just to be on the safe side. The range of smells is also quite wide, rangeing from urine to death with no pleasent smells in between. In the room there is a notice to say that if you smoke in your room ( i am a non smoker) that you will be charged £150 cleaning bill. Never thought i would say this, but i would rather have the smell of stale cigerettes than the smell that is in my room. Now for the good news, i know i will not be sharing a room with any spiders or cockroaches, because as they are free to go where they like I know they will not come to this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hallgarth Manor is a traditional English country house hotel situated just 3 miles from the historic city of Durham in the northeast of England. This former 16th-century estate, set in spectacular grounds and gardens, has been discreetly modernised to retain many of its original features. Noted for the excellence of its food, the comfort of its accommodation and the quality of its many facilities, Hallgarth Manor is a real favourite for customers looking for conferences, business meetings, wedding celebrations and leisure breaks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Traveltool, S.L.U. so you can book your Hallgarth Manor Country Hotel & restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hallgarth Manor Country Hotel And Restaurant
- Hallgarth Manor Country Durham