We stayed for 1 night during graduation week in July, having spent the first night in a town centre hotel, with an enormous and clean room which was cheaper than this place. The "spacious double room" was not only tiny but dusty and smelt musty, as if the management had decided only to use this room as it was a busy week. There was hardly room to stand up in the decrepid, dated and tiny shower room with broken fittings. The room was directly above the hotel entrance and was noisy. The people on reception were unfriendly and disinterested. Following our stay we e-mailed the manager stating our dissatisfaction and when we got no response we wrote. We received no response. When my youngest child graduates from Durham University this is one hotel to which I will NOT be returning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hallgarth Manor is a traditional English country house hotel situated just 3 miles from the historic city of Durham in the northeast of England. This former 16th-century estate, set in spectacular grounds and gardens, has been discreetly modernised to retain many of its original features. Noted for the excellence of its food, the comfort of its accommodation and the quality of its many facilities, Hallgarth Manor is a real favourite for customers looking for conferences, business meetings, wedding celebrations and leisure breaks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Agoda and Ebookers so you can book your Hallgarth Manor Country Hotel & restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hallgarth Manor Country Hotel And Restaurant
- Hallgarth Manor Country Durham