“Fab food...”

Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
North East England, United Kingdom
“Fab food...”
Reviewed 25 October 2012

Loved the feel of the relaxed atmoshpere at the front of the restaurant and the more formal feel to the back. The food was very good, especially the soup.

Visited June 2012

Penrith
“No Longer Hide Bar but Mrs Mustards”
Reviewed 14 September 2012

Looking at the website i was expecting a fantasmagorical feast with layers and layers of taste and flavour.
Mrs Mustard, I was sadly disappointed to say the least,
I had Pork belly and scallops. The food was bland to my taste and the only increased flavour came from the mustards offered, and came i very small portions, with the exception of the cheese board, i did ask fo a few more crackers for this which i was charged for! There was just way too much cheese, i had three types goats, chedder and blue there was way too much blue, a quarter would have sufficed, a slice of a round of goats cheese, and a wedge of chedder, Like i say, quarter the portions and give more options, and please do not charge extra for crackers, they cost pennies!
Great surroundings and settings but no atmosphere. I requested a lovely table to celebrate my wife and I's 4th wedding anniversary, but we just got sat on a normal table (just to make it easier for the staff, as they didn't want to move too far) when the upstairs was obviously available, in fact someone asked to move out of the aircon and was sat up there next to the window. No fuss was made of us i wasn't execting balloons and banners, but just a little something extra.
All in all a very average night, nothing secial and nothing to write home about, which i a shame because they make it look so good on the website. A sheep in wolves clothing?

• Visited September 2012
Co Durham
“A very poor meal”
Reviewed 3 July 2012

Hide itself is a lovely restaurant inside, we arrived at about 6.30 on a Saturday eveningto find staff walking past us with cutlery drawers which was a bit off putting. The vegetarian options were extremely limited although they did say they would make food from the lunch menu if we desired. I decided to order a pizza and asked for extra garlic. When the pizza arrived it had garlic oil tipped on it which made it look and taste very greasy. I asked the very attentive waitress if I could have fresh garlic on my pizza and she said they did not have any - I couldnt believe a place that has an extensive pizza menu does not have garlic in their kitchen. My partner ordered a burger n chips which was about £9.00. They were not 'proper' chips and he said the burger was very average. I would not go back to Hide.

• Visited June 2012
Durham, United Kingdom
“Not a bad restaurant at all.”
Reviewed 2 July 2012

Stylish, staff are friendly and well organised. The food is OK, not out out of this world. The food is consistant, wide choice on menu. Quite nice.

Visited December 2011
Durham, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“my medium steak bled all over my salad”
Reviewed 18 June 2012

went there today, and looked forward to my lunch. I ordered rump steak, medium to well, and a glass of Pinot Grigio Rose. The wine arrived first but was white, it was exchanged graciously (after about 10 minutes) and I waited another ten to fifteen minutes for my steak - it looked OK, but I soon discovered that the waiter had misheard my request for a medium to well done steak and ordered a medium rare - big difference.

The service was courteous, and other diners seemed happy with their meals, but alas, I won't be returning.

• Visited June 2012