“very good pizza”

Price range: US$9 - US$17
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: ASK Italian in Durham is a place for great food and warm service. Think fresh bread made to tear and share. A glass of fine wine worth deserving of your time. Delicious main dishes prepared the traditional way. Everything we know and love about Italian food is served straight to your table. Take a look at our Durham menu and, if you like what you see, book a table.
Sedgefield, United Kingdom
“very good pizza”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Pizza as good as I have had anywhere starters Ok too . Used our Taste card Two 4 One meals which made it very good value. Nice to be able to order half litres of wine.

Bishop Auckland, United Kingdom
“Good quality food”
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Went with tesco vouchers the food was great the staff were friendly both my partner and myself enjoyed our meal will definitely be going again

Visited May 2014
Durham, United Kingdom
“Great Italian chain”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I was surprised at the number of negative reviews for this restaurant as I eat at Ask Italian on a regular basis and have rarely been disappointed. For me and my wife it is one of those restaurants where on a busy week day, if we can't really be bothered to cook, we might say let's go to Ask. It's cheap enough, especially with the number of voucher offers around at the moment, not to hurt the pocket too much.

Granted, it pays to become familiar with the menu as some dishes are better than others. For instance if you like a tagliatelle bolognaise then remember to ask the waitress to remind the chef to keep an eye on the pasta as tagliatelle has a tendency to stick together unless to stir it. However, the source is fab and the spaghetti bolognaise is superb. You can also get a decent glass of wine and a nice chilled beer.

For my money one of my favourite dishes is the Chicken Caesar Salad - yum.

Ask Italian is one of the best chains that I have eaten in, the balance of variety, quality and price is spot on and I think the staff training it great too.

1 Thank d8acomRich
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not Recommended”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I visited Ask Durham this afternoon with a couple of friends, as a nice meal out. we were quickly taken to a table and were able to order almost immediately. As this was not peak time, being only about 4pm, we expected there to be almost no unreasonable waiting time for our starters. As the minutes ticked by, our patience waned, and no explanation was given for the delay. We watched other customers arrive after us and get their main courses before we even had anything to eat! We waited for at least an HOUR before we even got a starter. The waiters were not particularly polite to us and we had to wait another 45 minutes for our main course, which wasn't particularly spectacular and was definitely not worth the wait. We left very disappointed. Overall, if you are looking for Italian cuisine in Durham, I would definitely recommended Pizza Express or La Spaghettata just up the road on Saddler Street.

1 Thank Harry C
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
“Good Meal, Nice Surroundings”
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Thoroughly enjoyed our meal at Ask following a long drive. Good service and, varied menu all food prepared fresh. Pleasant atmosphere in a very modern ambiance. Good value. Would visit again if in Durham area.

• Visited June 2014