“Good Value for Money”

Ranked #57 of 411 Restaurants in Wigan
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 21 January 2014

The Venture is a very welcoming Pub/Restaurant. The meals are excellent value for money. The establishment is very clean and well maintained. The Staff are friendly, helpful and efficient and are a credit to the Company. We visit on a regular basis ( both Lunch time and Evening ) and have yet never had any cause to complain. The service is good. The quality of the meals cannot be faulted. There is a wide choice of meals available and the portions are not small. I have no problem in recommending this Restaurant to Family and Friends.

1  Thank Hubert J
There are newer reviews for Venture

Reviewed 16 January 2014

Visited this pub for lunch, I must say what good value for the money! The Nachos for starters were really good size portions, and didn't scrimp on sauce on top, they were very good.
We also had main meal for lunch and that was really nice too.
Been here a few times now and never had any problems.
Staff friendly and helpful.

Reviewed 8 January 2014

I have visited this pub on a weekly basis over a number of years,and never had cause for complaint food is very good and of good value. Staff and management are fantastic and go out of their way to make sure everything is ok for you. Never had problems with service, yes it can take a couple of minutes at times to get served but this is only when its extremely busy as with any good pub. Very cozy inside and in good weather no pub in wigan can match the outside for dining and drinking. Keep up the good work venture.

Reviewed 19 December 2013

Went here with friends for Christmas get together and we could all say we had a brilliant night. The pub was busy and although I booked a table they did ring to say there may be a delay with food as they had a few big parties in but this wasn't a problem (as it turns out there was no delay). The food was extremely tasty and very good value for money, the staff were brilliant and so friendly and the atmosphere was great and cozy. The quiz night was on which made our night as it was a laugh. Only been to the Venture once but I will definitely be returning.

Reviewed 17 October 2013

I took my family to the Venture for the first time at the weekend, i will definitely be returning. We was greeted at the bar by a member of staff (I believe his name was either David or Daniel) who was extremely friendly and made us feel very welcome. After taking our drinks order and discussing with my husband what cask ale he was best having we was taken by the same staff member to a free table in a very busy pub. My two children ordered the chicken new yorkers which we asked to be served on a plate instead of a skillet, to which we was told it was no problem at all. My husband ordered the chicken hanging kabab, after it was recommended by the staff member who originally served us. My husband was delighted with the choice. For myself i ordered the ribeye steak, which was cooked perfectly for me (medium rare) and after being asked if i would like to upgrade to crisscross chips, i enjoyed one of the best meals i have had in a good few years. We had very friendly waitress keeping our drinks topped all night and taking our desert order after our meals. My overall experience of this pub was fantastic and i will definitely be returning. I have also recommended the Venture to many of my friends and work colleagues, to which 4 visited on Tuesday evening with an equally enjoyable experience. 10/10