“Great Sunday lunch venue”
Review of Holts Arms

Holts Arms
Ranked #62 of 427 Restaurants in Wigan
Price range: US$8 - US$27
Cuisines: Mediterranean, British, Healthy, Pub
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Fabulous Home cooked food in a 17th century inn with excellent wines and quality cask ales, roaring fires in winter, stunning beer garden in the summer. One of the best little pubs in Lancashire!
Reviewed 18 February 2014 via mobile

We visited with friends on Sunday afternoon . Myself and my husband had the roast beef Sunday lunch and my friend ordered the cheese and onion pie and her husband had the gammon. We couldn't fault the roast dinner at only £6.95 . The gammon was pronounced delicious but my friend wasn't too keen on the pastry on her pie. She expected short crust pastry but the pie ? Came with a puff pastry topping . You can't win them all and the puddings were delicious . Would defo visit again . The young waitresses were very friendly and helpful .
The pub allows dogs which was nice to see in the bar area not in the dining room.
All in all a very enjoyable visit to be repeated

1  Thank curryqueen_12

Reviewed 18 February 2014

We are firm regulars at the foot but I felt I had to pay compliment to the chef for the amazing valentines menu! After the excitement of a marriage proposal on valentines this was a perfect meal to end a perfect Valentines! The salmon and prawn starter was lovely and my partner has said he could eat the meatball and spaghetti starter on a daily basis! We then followed with the mushroom risotto which was to die for and the smoked haddock with poached egg. We've never had a bad meal yet and this is why we love the foot!

1  Thank Joanne L
Reviewed 28 December 2013

Great meal on Boxing Day. The usual great efficient staff and fantastic food. Seven of us at the meal and all said how much they enjoyed it. I stay in hotels all over the country and the food at the Holt Arms is better than a lot of food I have tasted in 5 star hotels. Try the steaks, you will not be disappointed and coupled with this they are very reasonably priced

Reviewed 17 December 2013

We ate here a few weeks ago on a Thursday (curry night) and both thoroughly enjoyed the food the atmosphere and the heat from the two roaring fires, we didnt want to leave and could of quite happily had a few more drinks but it was a work night (booo!).
If you like cosy corners, roaring fires and lovely homecooked pub grub I would recomend the Holt Arms, we will make a welcome return preferably on a weekend so we can hunker down near the fire with a large glass of red.

Reviewed 10 December 2013 via mobile

We visited on Friday night for birthday drinks with friends. It was a fantastic night! Great hospitality and dancing till late thanks to a great DJ.