“Awful”

Ranked #3 of 5 Wigan B&B and Inns
Blackburn, United Kingdom
“Awful”
Reviewed 29 January 2014

Me and a friend had booked a night to stay in this lodge. As we arrived we ordered drinks but kept getting replys like "we don't do them" simple drinks like wkds as it is a pub after all! Then once we had been out in wigan and came back at 3am in the morning, to then realise that the key they had given us did not open any doors on the outside of the hotel, therefore left me and my friend stranded outside for two hours in the early hours of the morning until we had to ask a stranger in the streets to pull open the door! As we knocked on the doors and rang several times, there were simply no answer at all! This left me and my friend absolutely horrified and freezing! We're both fuming and would not recommend this place to anyone! To end this review as i parked my car outside the pub (as there were no where else to park it) i pacifically asked if i was ok to leave my car there over night, the lady at the bar said yes but make sure it is moved by nine it'll be fine, as i went to my car at half past 8 the next morning i had a penalty fine on my car!!! I would never come to stay here ever again! Completely horrendous!

• Stayed December 2013
2 Thank Graceclough

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Coalville, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed here after watching four in a bed and the hotel looked quirky!
We stayed on a Saturday night. Arrived to be greeted by a lovely lady who showed us to our room!
It was fabulous! Clean and definitely different - in a good way! We had en suite -again lovely and clean. Tv, stereo tea and coffee, just what we needed to chill out before going out. We were given keys to let ourselves back in if we were going to be later than 1am.
Obviously there is a bar underneath the rooms so if you are looking for somewhere quiet to stay this might not be the best choice! But we were out until the bar closed so didn't bother us.
I noticed some reviews have said negative things. I had a fantastic time couldn't fault the accommodation, bar or staff will be booking again very soon and to top it off it was only fifty pounds! BRILLIANT.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
7 Thank KarenF3007
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 October 2013

The 1968 Trades Description Act says places like these cannot:
'make certain kinds of false statement about the provision of any services, facilities or accommodation.'
Even so, it says it on the pub door and on their website 'bed and breakfast', there is NO breakfast as other writers have discovered.
In my case, there was barely warmth.
My £50-a-night room had a tepid radiator, and a bed mattress you could push all the way in - it was that ragged and soft.
The free wi-fi didn't work and the room kettle was black on the inside. It's a minor point, but you would have though someone might have wound the clock back to the right hour?
I explained that I would be late, and the manager gave me a side-door key. I needed two keys as it turned out, and I didn't have the second.
By sheer luck, a late customer was having a fag outside the now darkened pub at 11.20pm, yup, they bed early around here, and knew the manager lived around the corner.
By banging on her window, she appeared in pyjamas and slippers and produced another key to let me in.
I let myself out in the morning through the side door: not a soul was stirring, and left a room with a fine TV and all channels, as well as a modern bathroom that boasted not one piece of soap.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
5 Thank Paul W

Travellers are raving about these Wigan hotels

Reviewed 13 July 2013

Great welcome and owner was very courteous and hospitable. The style of the room was really nice, you can tell the owners are very proud as the room was immaculate and very tastefully decorated in its own boutique style. Good facilities in room . a really nice stay thank you

• Stayed July 2013
4 Thank Matt_0026
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 March 2013

Stayed here a couple of times.

Lovely room and staff. It's a 10 minute walk into the town centre. Kirsty is very friendly and helpful. She even spent lots of time trying to find another hotel for us when we called once and 15's were full. Excellent service.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Andy213
United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 October 2012

It's a nice enough place, and staff were friendly and helpful, but... where's the breakfast? In fact, besides crisps and a pint, there's nothing on offer in-house. And the wi-fi doesn't reach as far as the rooms.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Steve M
Wimborne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 October 2012

Stayed for two nights.All in all we had a good stay at fifteens at Swinley. We were greeted with an entusiastic welcome. After we arrived we went ot into Wigan,and on our return, we were told there was a mix up with our room, and asked if we were okay about changing rooms. We were happy to do so, and the chap in charge, apologised and certainly made up for the slight inconvenience. We slept well. He made us feel very welcome, gave us a recommendation on where we could park the car, and generally couldn.t do enough for us.
However on Saturday when we returned to 15s, we were disappointed to see that the room wasn't made up for us. The bar was busy, so we didn't want to give any extra work to the welcoming staff..However, as I say overall a pleasant stay.Fifteens is value for money, but does need to pay more attention to detail. Breakfast not available, but we knew this.

Room Tip: Short walk into Wigan for breakfast.