“value for money”

Price range: US$4 - US$20
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Buffet, Reservations
Description: The Chinese Buffet is a dynamic and exciting, modern Chinese restaurant. Launched initially as a single restaurant in Bolton the concept has grown in size and stature into an emerging brand with nationwide aspirations. Peter Wu, Paolo Hu and David Hu created The Chinese Buffet with the clear aim of providing a new style of buffet restaurant, high quality food at low cost to customers. They created an eclectic blend of Chinese food using only the finest and freshest ingredients, prepared and presented to the highest of standards. THE Chinese Buffet believes all their customers should receive the care, attention and quality they would expect from the finest of a la carte restaurant. THE Chinese Buffet has exciting and ambitious expansion plans with more than 18 new restaurants planned to open across the North West within the next five years with a national franchise in place by 2016.
Reviewed 28 May 2014

the food in the Chinese buffet is excellent and a really great choice. it is good value for money as you can eat as much as you like. the service is also very good and the staff friendly. a really enjoyable experience

Gaynor R, Guest Relations Manager at The Chinese Buffet, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Thanks for your kind words and so glad you enjoyed dining with us.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

After a the ordeal at Alton Towers Waterpark we were looking for a bite to eat and checked out the Chinese Buffet in Wigan we had been to others in the chain and they have been reasonably good. This one was great, staff were lovely , atmosphere just right and the food fantastic, although it hasn't got so many dishes as the one in Wakefield, but it was well deserved after the fiasco at Alton Towers.

Hi there, thanks for the lovely review, I am intrigued to know what your issues were with Alton Towers but equally I am glad we met your expectations and you had a great time.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

Same people own this as the St Helens Chinese Buffet I believe, so we tried it, the food was very good, plenty of choice, great friendly staff.
We ate during Saturday day time, so not all the hot buffet serving tables were used, we couldn't argue with the price or food on offer.
The Saturday night is dearer but more choice again, we will try the night time buffet soon I am sure, can't wait.

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review for us and I am so glad you enjoyed your experience with us.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

I absolutely love this place, I go at least once a week with my mum and daughter, the food is excellent and never stuck for choice especially at weekend. It's the nicest Chinese restaurant I have ever been lovely and clean and I do like my Chinese food it's my favorite, and best of all the staff are lovely, really friendly, I always feel welcome, especially the manager alan, and the staff Jason, Lindsay, Nicole and Lin.

Gaynor R, Guest Relations Manager at The Chinese Buffet, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Hi there, thanks for your lovely feedback and love to hear from a customer who comes back again and again. Thanks so much for choosing us :-)

Reviewed 9 May 2014

This Chinese buffet is a big modern place. However, the food is awful it is stuck in them heaters until everything is eaten so the food is very dry. The food is basic and has hardly any taste to it at all even though it looks like there is a lot of choice there isn't everything is bland. The prices are so expensive!! I paid £16.50 and I did not enjoy the meal at all and that is just for one person then I had to pay for a drink which was £3.20. This place is a waste of money I wouldn't recommend if your wanting a real tasty Chinese which you will enjoy because for the money I wouldn't bother.

Hi there, I'm sorry you didnt enjoy eating with us. Our food is buffet style and so it is served in heated dishes and sometimes people compare us more with food being cooked to order and served at the table. We understand buffet dining is not for everyone but we feel we offer a fantastic range of food and all cooked to the highest of standards.