“short stay”

Ranked #10 of 11 Hotels in Wigan
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“short stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2011

very good experiance, room was spotless, beds made and room tidied every day, breakfast was more than ample and very tasty, staff very very friendly nothing too much trouble.all in all i think the new owners are doing a very good jod turning it into a lovely hotel. will definatly go again

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2011

Stayed here to visit friends and I don't know where to start! Book through late rooms so or it a bit cheaper, I would not pay £45 a night for room without a toilet! The room was freezing, tiny and the roof was falling on one side. The bed was tiny an the pillow was disgusting. And to top it off, we arrived back at 2am and it was all locked up! No one made us aware that we had a curfew. We rang the phone and bell until half an hour later another person staying at the hotel (not someone that worked there) woke up and came to let us in! Great service that.

• Stayed October 2011

Travellers are raving about these Wigan hotels

Swansea, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2011

Thought hotel was value for money , the staff were polite and helpful . The bedroom was a little small but it was spotless and the bathroom likewise . The full breakfast was excellent made fresh to order . Would stay again for sure .

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
England
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2011

Would never stay here again they only had 1 room that had been refurbished and my friend was staying in it with her daughter so I ended up with the room that had stains on the carpet, smelt musty, and was not up to my standards at all. I made a complaint and my friend kindly swapped with me as I had my two young daughters with me, and I refused to stay in the room that I was given. They also had a lock in, in the bar as it was one of the staffs birthday, so lots of noise, and no sleep. Never again, woke up with bites, which I assume were from the bed bugs in the bed. The breakfast was appalling, my children went without as the milk was sour, and no staff in sight to complain to, absolute dive!!!! So frustrating as I was made to believe that we would have a decent breakfast in the morning, yeah right! I just really wish I took photos to upload on to this page, but I was too upset to even think about taking pictures, I just wanted to go home. I really wish I had!!!

Room Tip: Only 1 room refurbished so beware!!!!
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
Worcester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2011

We stayed the night while in Wigan for a family party. We received a warm welcome and the rooms were very pleasant and comfortable. They looked newly decorated and presumably resulted from the recent refurbishment. They ordered us a taxi and were very helpful. We had a drink in the bar on the Saturday evening, this was full of life and very enjoyable. We had the continental breakfast on Sunday morning which was perfectly adequate as we were having lunch at 12:30. The hotel has a 3 star rating which I would agree with. I got the impression they are trying very hard to build a successful business and would wish them well in that endeavour.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 4 on the first floor which was airy and roomy.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Wigan, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2011

My wife and I thought we would try the newly opened restaurant at this hotel..
I phoned at lunchtime on Saturday and made a reservation for 8.00 p.m. in the restaurant.

We arrived at 7.45 p.m. The restaurant and reception were empty so I spoke to a pleasant young lady at the bar. She called a male member of staff and we explained that we had booked a table. We were told that the man who would have taken the booking wasn't in and that there was nobody in the restaurant that night.

As we had come for a meal, I asked if there was anything they could do for us. The guy said he could order us a chinese and laughed. At that point I turned to leave and he said "what do you expect me to do about it"? I said "it's your restaurant" and walked out. He shouted after us "and don't bother coming back".

I understand that mistakes can happen, but the least I would have expected was an apology. I am disgusted at this treatment and will certainly never set foot in that establishment again.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JLK1
Wigan, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2011

me and my husband stopped here after our wedding the room was nice and clean and the breakfast was delicious

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple