“best indian ever”

India Lounge
Ranked #10 of 421 Restaurants in Wigan
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: A BIG hello and thank you for visiting our Tripadvisor page where you can find all information on the India Lounge - Wigan. There is no doubt that most visitors to India Lounge return again and again to Sample its outstanding cuisine. At India Lounge, our food is inspired by the authentic home cooking of the sub-continent, where all our chef are trained. Food is our Passion, prepared for you always with devotion, love and the finest ingredients. Follow us on Facebook where you can keep up to date for special offers, photo viewing and more etc. Special offers available. We make superbly delicious food for all of your eating needs. Come visit us for lunch or dinner any night of the week (we're open Monday through Sunday, and even on holidays). We also have a takeaway and catering menus for any time you might need something to nosh on away from our great restaurant! To book your table at the restaurant please call during opening times, if you are looking to book early then please direct message me on Facebook and I will get back to you as soon as possible.
Reviewed 26 April 2014

have been eating indian meals for 40 years tried india lounge for the first time march this year
went back on Wednesday with my wife can honestly say we had the best meal ever.
we have been to Indian restaurants all over the uk and many parts of the world and india lounge
was the best by a mile.the food and service was first class.and great value for money.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

After 5 years of living in Wigan and driving past the India Lounge everyday for the last 4 years and after a quick scan on here looking for somewhere nice to eat, my husband and I finally visited...
Absolutely fantastic. I have eaten in some excellent Indians in London and this is up there with the best of them. In fact, the tandoori lamb chops I had were probably the best I have ever had.
The meat was of very high quality, very tender, and the food was fresh and tasty. This was all at a reasonable price, 5 courses for 10.95.
We took my 2 year old son, who was quite lively! The waiters made a fuss of him and it was a lovely, friendly atmosphere.
Brilliant customer service, one of the men was kind enough to put my son's coat on and escorted us to the door....as a friendly gesture hopefully-not due to the mess my son had made on the floor!
Cannot wait to visit again and bring our friends and family!

2  Thank Icklevicci
Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

Absolutely love this place! We have been eating here for years and the food is consistently brilliant.

I didn't used to like Indian food until I ate here. Since falling in love with Indian cuisine, we have tried many restaurants but none of them compare to India lounge.

The chicken chat puri is amazing. The tikka lamb chops are one of the best things I have tasted. The chicken tikka masala is the best one I have found so far - I am always disappointed with any tikka masala from anywhere else. This is so tangy, creamy and flavoursome.

My other half loves the pathia here. Sometimes if he isn't sure what to have, the guys recommend something got come up with some conception for him. They are very accommodating and flexible and really want you to enjoy.

The portions are good here and the prices are really good! We always have 2 starters, 2 mains, 2 rice, 1 naan and a side dish and we never pay more than £40 all in.

Going eating here tonight and know to expect good good and service.

True, the restaurant is not situated in the best of places (Scholes precinct) but once inside, it doesn't matter.

Stef

Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

Visited with friends after such good reviews I found it a bit over rated. Surroundings a bit cold and a noisy group on next table meant we couldn't hear our own group, I know not your fault, food ok staff quite friendly, would probably return during week.

2  Thank Tracey T
Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

My local curry house and how very fortunate I am. Brilliant food, brilliant staff, brilliant atmosphere. Would recommend to any one. Even when popping in to pick up my order on a weekend when it's incredibly busy I'm always welcomed and food is prompt. The manager is a incredibly nice man. Best curry house in the area.

1  Thank Wigane