“Best restaurant” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Red Door Bistro

Red Door Bistro
Ranked #22 of 393 Restaurants in Wigan
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Cheap Eats, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Small intimate restaurant serving local fresh produce.
Wigan, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

Very Friendly, fresh delicous food, would definately recommend, if yiou haven't been you don,t know what your missing

• Visited March 2014

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Saturday 18th Jan 2014”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014 via mobile

Perfect as always
Always book to avoid disappointment

Jayne the owner and chef contacted when booking table she called back to finalize . I requested a chilled bottle of Moët on arrival bottle was already on the table waiting chilled glasses with strawberries waiting very impressive .
I am now on seafood veg diet so baked Camembert with garlic to start was amazing then pan seated salmon on a bed of roasted veg and rocket with king prawns drizzled in garlic oil was amazing .
Loved it, eaten 4 times at this awesome place never let down once.
Bravo Jayne quickly becoming my favorite place to eat ever ❤️
I

2 Thank BangkokBill786
Wigan, United Kingdom
“Christmas (Eve) Cracker!!......... Brilliant.... Thanks for a top night”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 December 2013

I booked a table for two on the very last minute thinking everywhere would be busy on Christmas Eve....I never even knew this place existed prior to booking and I have always lived in the Wigan area. Communicated by email to Jayne and arranged things ,ie pre chilled sparkling wine and a very nice Sauvignon blanc ready at the table for when we got there to score extra brownie points with my wife..... All going to plan so far! especially as both our daughters were out with friends and the bistro had decent reviews on Tripadvisor.
When we arrived and the place was empty! ,just another couple and ourselves which was a concern!!.... But nevertheless the live music was playing ( Peter singer / guitarist was very very good) so we pressed on..... Our waitress Jess was friendly and attentive and nothing was too much trouble, she recommended the all you can eat tapas for £20 per head.... Alarm bells rang...... Empty bistro with cheap food , what had I done????

Well what can I say....... What a gem to have uncovered, excellent food, wine, surroundings with a cracking live musician and friendly staff, what more can you ask for?.... If you are reading this and you have not tried The Red Door......what are you waiting for???..book now!!!!. I was so impressed I have booked the whole place for my birthday with friends and family..... Will definitely be back in the near future.

I have travelled all over and eaten in the best and worst places in UK, Europe and beyond only to have had such a cracking night right on my doorstep..... Oh and as for the musician.....why talent like that is not snapped up by a record label is a travesty....

Thanks again to everyone at Red Door.....and all the best for 2014

Alan & Pam

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Alanm68
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Perfect evening”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2013 via mobile

We came here on Thurs for my husbands birthday after it being recommended by friends. We had the wine and dine menu for £25 for 2 course meal for x2 including bottle of house wine. I love a bargain but this was amazing! The presentation was top class and so kuch care taken in service. Good portions which you dont always get when food is presented so beautifully. Compliments to the chef, waitress and owner for a lovely evening. I'll be back next week with my mum to try the lunch menu that caught my eye too....!

1 Thank Leanne T
Wigan, Lancashire
“Best restaurant in town :-)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2013

Ive visited Red Door quite a few times in the last year, both in small and larger groups and each visit has been a pleasure. Jayne has created in my opinion the best restaurant in town, homemade food, great atmosphere and lovely staff. Nothing is too much trouble - fussy eaters can be catered for and Jayne saw to it that my fussy fella had a fabulous meal - she came out of the kicthen and spoke to him about his requirements and he wasnt dissappointed! The menu is varied and imaginative, all made fresh to order using locally sourced produce and every dish I have had here has been delicious. One of my faves is the black pudding :-)

For those wanting microwaved food, warmed up oven chips, all served by the bucket load in under 10 minutes, this is NOT the restaurant for you! Good food, lovingly created and only served when perfect takes time and I personally think the serving times at Red Door are spot on - you dont feel rushed by the staff and you can enjoy both the food and the atmosphere.

Keep up the fab work Jayne, I'll be seeing you again soon.

• Visited October 2013