“Valentine Bliss”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Red Door Bistro

Red Door Bistro
Ranked #21 of 395 Restaurants in Wigan
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Cheap Eats, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Small intimate restaurant serving local fresh produce.
Warrington, United Kingdom
“Valentine Bliss”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014

I took my wife to celebrate valentines last month, based on a friend's recommendation. The food, service and ambience was excellent. We were greeted by a young man who showed us to our table and settled us in with a complimentary glass of sparkling wine. Our waitress then delivered each course, starting with a complimentary appetiser, before the starter and main courses. We each tasted each other's food and every mouthful was delicious. The dessert was a shared trio chocolate combination, which was utterly delightful. I plan to go back there very soon as I found out later, the food is all cooked freshly to order and the varying daily menu is based on the most fresh and available produce. In addition, there was live music in the form of a guitarist/singer who serenaded without being at all intrusive. Excellent.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank StevieB57

England
“Very disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

I won't recommend the red door bistro. Food distinctly average (I'm being generous) and waited 35 mins for starter and then a further 45 minutes for the main. We arrived to only four people sat on one table.

It wasn't the fault of the two waitresses who said they had lost a chef & were training up a new one. Think we had the trainee. Two of our party went for the bury black pudding topped with a poached egg. The egg on both dishes were overdone. On the main two went for the wild mushroom spaghetti but the length of spaghetti cut too short to be able to twist around the fork. I'm afraid we had lost our appetite for the main course due to the excessive waiting. It would have been good if someone could have come along to apologise for the delay. By 8pm the place was full. One couple walked out without waiting for their food.

We tried this place after reading good reviews on tripadvisor - perhaps the restaurant should be given the benefit of doubt but sadly none of our party would return.

Visited March 2014
RedDoorBistroWigan, Owner at Red Door Bistro, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Dear Kev229

I don’t usually leave a management response on TA as from previous experience if people don’t like the response it usually gets taken off. I always email everyone personally and if there is a problem try and resolve it whilst the customer is here at the restaurant.

On Saturday 22nd March we did have a chef absent and all our guests to my knowledge where informed of that upon arrival.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that all our food is of the highest standard possible unfortunately I have to agree that on Saturday evening we failed to deliver our usual high standard. For that I can only apologise.

I would have liked to have come to your table personally but as you mentioned we were full so on Sunday morning I called everyone in person to discuss the night’s events. I did call the gentlemen who booked your table.

I and the staff are unaware of anybody leaving without having food.

All our food is cooked fresh to order and specifically cooked to your requirement’s, and whilst the waiting time on Saturday was more than usual there will always be an element of time preparing and serving a fresh cooked meal.

Your feedback has been appreciated and I do hope you and your party decide to visit us again in
the near future.

Kind Regards,

Jayne and Aimee

Owners Red Door Bistro
Wigan
“WOW .......”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

Great food at an unbelievable price ..... ! Lovely service and great menu. I cant believe how nice this place is. One of the gems of the area, and by that i mean the North West !

Visited March 2014
Wigan, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

Very Friendly, fresh delicous food, would definately recommend, if yiou haven't been you don,t know what your missing

• Visited March 2014
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Saturday 18th Jan 2014”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014 via mobile

Perfect as always
Always book to avoid disappointment

Jayne the owner and chef contacted when booking table she called back to finalize . I requested a chilled bottle of Moët on arrival bottle was already on the table waiting chilled glasses with strawberries waiting very impressive .
I am now on seafood veg diet so baked Camembert with garlic to start was amazing then pan seated salmon on a bed of roasted veg and rocket with king prawns drizzled in garlic oil was amazing .
Loved it, eaten 4 times at this awesome place never let down once.
Bravo Jayne quickly becoming my favorite place to eat ever ❤️
I