“Birthday meal for 11 people”
Review of Red Door Bistro

Red Door Bistro
Ranked #16 of 422 Restaurants in Wigan
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Small intimate award winning restaurant serving local fresh produce. Daily changing menu. Special offers
Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

11 of us went to the red door bistro last night for a friend s birthday.
We took advantage of the great 2 course meal and a bottle of wine offer.
The food was lovely and the service was faultless. I will definitely be returning and and recommend this restaurant.

4  Thank Gillworsley

Reviewed 28 April 2014

My daughter has visited here on numerous occasions and always raved about the place,so for a birthday treat we decided to go for lunch, Was quite surprised when we arrived down a back alley but once inside was pleasantly surprised was small but very welcoming. Was shown to our table straight away, staff very pleasant, and helpful.so far so good,5 of us went and I was the only one disappointed,3 had crab cakes which they said was fantastic,1 garlic bread, I ordered soup, I was given the crab so taken away was then brought the soup which was stone cold, I didn't call waitress back as I didn't like the soup(personal choice) so husband ate it even though was cold, I did tell waitress when she came back, We all ordered lamb,3 medium 2 well done, mine again disappointing as was more raw, so swapped with other family member who all enjoyed, daughter was given a free birthday pudding which 3 of the family ate within minutes, I would go back again but I think next time I would complain there and then if needed.

2  Thank pezzer_10
RedDoorBistroWigan, Owner at Red Door Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

Dear pezzer 10
I am so sorry you did not enjoy your food here last Saturday. I feel it seemed to go from bad to worse for yourself with the wrong starter then cold soup then a raw lamb!
With regards to the starter the order was taken and Jess who waited on was sure you ordered a fishcake but obviously a mistake and our behalf and it was then replaced. I cant understand how the soup was cold as it was checked for temp before it went out.
The order for the lamb dishes where 2 medium to well done 2 medium and one served pink. I can only apologise if the lamb was not cooked well enough for you and I would have been more than happy to re cook another lamb for you. Never the less your dining experience here was not good and this is not acceptable. Please accept our apologies as I know that you where all looking forward to coming last Saturday and it is never our intention for anyone to leave here with out being satisfied with the food the value and the service.
All your comments have been taken on board and I really do hope you visit us again and please do let us know if there is any problems with your meal. We appreciate it when our customers let us know there is a problem and genuinely do not mind the food being sent back. We rely on genuine feedback from our customers and take it very seriously and for that we are thankful. Your feedback has been relayed to all here .
Kind Regards
Jayne
Red Door Bistro

Reviewed 27 April 2014

Whilst we were not aware that it was tapas night when we booked, the food was top rate. Could not fault it at all, the portions were of a good size and everything was very tasty. It was our first visit but will definitely not be our last.

3  Thank Kimmypops
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Once again Jayne excelled herself. The Scallops were excellent and the steak was perfect. Great atmosphere, cosy and comfortable, not packed in like sardines. That said our visit had a few hiccups as one of the waiting staff had gone off sick. There was a little waiting but it did not detract from the overall enjoyment of the evening. Great night keep it up.

Reviewed 26 March 2014

I took my wife to celebrate valentines last month, based on a friend's recommendation. The food, service and ambience was excellent. We were greeted by a young man who showed us to our table and settled us in with a complimentary glass of sparkling wine. Our waitress then delivered each course, starting with a complimentary appetiser, before the starter and main courses. We each tasted each other's food and every mouthful was delicious. The dessert was a shared trio chocolate combination, which was utterly delightful. I plan to go back there very soon as I found out later, the food is all cooked freshly to order and the varying daily menu is based on the most fresh and available produce. In addition, there was live music in the form of a guitarist/singer who serenaded without being at all intrusive. Excellent.

1  Thank StevieB57