“Ordered on just eat and food come staggering 2 hours later” 1 of 5 bubbles

Jamal Indian Restaurant
Ranked #281 of 393 Restaurants in Wigan
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti, Eastern European
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
“Ordered on just eat and food come staggering 2 hours later”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

We ordered on just eat, ( that states - any delivery over 45 mins needs reporting to there customer services. )
We rang up 75 mins later to be told the food had been dispatched and would be with us shortly.
Another 40 mins later, we rang back and it was obvious jamal had turned there phone off so no more orders could be taken as it was busy. I found this to be horrendous and very disrespectful to paying customers!
Shortly after the 2 hour mark the food rocked up. As I couldn't contact jamal for the past 30 mins I politely told the delivery man I no longer wanted the food.
Before this I was a loyal customer as I enjoy there food / custom, however any takeaway that takes over 2 hours to be delivered should be ashamed and will never receive custom of me again.

• Visited July 2014

wigan lancs
“Excellent Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

This place is fantastic, the food is second to non, the service is great, very polite and helpful, they do not serve alcohol so you are welcome to take your own. I have not had a bad meal their ever, on sundays they do an all you can eat buffet for a special price, I think its about £6.00, I have used the takeaway service too which is just as good. I have spent many a night their also xmas day, new years eve, and just with my husband the staff seem to remember me, or they are just so polite and friendly.

Visited April 2014
3 Thank deeWiganLancs
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
“excellent...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Been to jamal a lot, with family and friends, everytime we have recieved excellent service and really good tasty food, I cqn honestly say ive never had a bad meal, and the staff are always friendly and they can never do enough for us.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank EmilyG24
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Pretty awful all round... No alcohol and poor food”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

We called in on a Sunday and the place was heaving as it was the all you can eat buffet for £6.95 a head.
We'd booked a table in advance as we'd never been here before. They took ages to find our booking and were patently disorganised. We were shown to a hastily prepared table which was right in the walkway.
When we tried to order some drinks they then told us that there isn't any alcolhol in the restaurant at all, and that you have to bring your own ? A restaurant without a license in this day and age, why weren't we told that on booking and we'd have gone somewhere decent ?

Pushed for time we ordered from the menu as the buffet looked pretty ropey. The food was on time but a pretty poor excuse for indian food. The poppadums were thinner than paper and not freshly cooked. The chicken puri was ok but in a limp pancake and with salad that had clearly seen better days. The chicken madras lacked much chicken but the keema rice was actually ok.

This food may be ok for the masses, but it just wasn't authentic in any way... the ready meals in Tesco have more flavour than this oily excuse.

The tables in here are just too close together as they have tried to cram too many folk in. Every time someone went to the buffet our table was clouted. It's excusable once, but when your drinks keep being spilled by some neanderthals fat backside it starts to wear a bit thin.

If you like drab food, cramped surroundings and disorganised service, this is the place for you.

I'll go back to the Baby Elephant next time, it's worth the extra few miles.

• Visited May 2014
Wigan, England
“Great”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

Visited with a group of friends. Great service, and the food was great. Lots to choose from. Will definitely be back again.

3 Thank shazzalong