“Disappointing ”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

On our 3rd trip to jamals we went on a Sunday and opted for the Buffett .The past couple of times we have always enjoyed it. The waiter said onion bhaji's weren't on the Buffett tonight so all 4 of us ordered some as a side dish to accompany our curries. When at the Buffett I saw that they were actually on. I had one and selected a few different curries. When I sat down the waiter said onion bhaji's must be on so we won't charge you for the ones that you ordered a side dish. I said ok no problem but he kept asking you won't waste them will you else you will be charged. I found this very odd. After our first serving of the Buffett there was still no sign of the rice and naan that came to the table to accompany your meals. My partner questioned the waiter and he just said " oh do You want them now ?" I felt like saying well when else would I want them. Was really disappointed with the service and the food wasn't much better. Will not be rushing back that's for sure!! Really disappointed as I loved my past 2 visits .

Reviewed 4 July 2014

We had heard about Jamals being nice and thought we would try the restaurant out on a Friday night. When we ordered our meals, we had to wait nearly two hours for the food, we had to complain many times and it didn't make any difference, this seemed too long even though it was obviously a busy time, being a Friday night. When the food arrived, the evening worsened. It was cold, looked like it had been sat waiting for a while and not appealing to the eye. There were hairs in the batter of some chicken, as though the fat fryer was filthy. When we tried the other food it was edible, however half way through eating we found bones in the chicken of both of our meals. The salad was wilted and overall the evening was dreadful. We will not, under ANY circumstances be returning and I will only be warning people off this horrendous restaurant.

1  Thank Danibyrom
Reviewed 4 July 2014

We ordered on just eat, ( that states - any delivery over 45 mins needs reporting to there customer services. )
We rang up 75 mins later to be told the food had been dispatched and would be with us shortly.
Another 40 mins later, we rang back and it was obvious jamal had turned there phone off so no more orders could be taken as it was busy. I found this to be horrendous and very disrespectful to paying customers!
Shortly after the 2 hour mark the food rocked up. As I couldn't contact jamal for the past 30 mins I politely told the delivery man I no longer wanted the food.
Before this I was a loyal customer as I enjoy there food / custom, however any takeaway that takes over 2 hours to be delivered should be ashamed and will never receive custom of me again.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

This place is fantastic, the food is second to non, the service is great, very polite and helpful, they do not serve alcohol so you are welcome to take your own. I have not had a bad meal their ever, on sundays they do an all you can eat buffet for a special price, I think its about £6.00, I have used the takeaway service too which is just as good. I have spent many a night their also xmas day, new years eve, and just with my husband the staff seem to remember me, or they are just so polite and friendly.

3  Thank deeWiganLancs
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Been to jamal a lot, with family and friends, everytime we have recieved excellent service and really good tasty food, I cqn honestly say ive never had a bad meal, and the staff are always friendly and they can never do enough for us.

3  Thank EmilyG24