“Not as good as it used to be!!!”

Jamal Indian Restaurant
Ranked #284 of 395 Restaurants in Wigan
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti, Eastern European
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
WIGAN
“Not as good as it used to be!!!”
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Ordered food to be collected and they said on the phone 20mins and waited well over 40mins. When we got the food home it was stone cold and we had to reheat it all. We have not been to jamals for about a year and a half and was really looking forward to it be the bhuna was terrible. The chicken was really dry and I couldn't eat it the same with the pakora that my mum had ordered it was over cooked and the batter was really well cooked and dry. I will not be coming to the restaurant or ordering a takeout again we will have to fine another take out place. I was very disappointed. And to say we spent £31.07 we threw most if it away.

• Visited July 2014

“Fuming”
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

So disappointing the food tasted really good but there was hardly any of it! Feel like I need to cook something after my light snack!!! Food came it was cold!!! Rice didn't turn up! Called to say didn't receive the rice and there was hardly any food for what I had paid and the guy just ignored what I had to say! He did say sorry for the rice not coming and said it's on it's way that was 35 mins ago!!! Do not buy Indian from here! Shame cause what did come was nice enough once reheated however there wasn't enough!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank LeeHum
Bradford,uk
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic”
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

The experience of visiting that place once again make us feel valued and the food was lovely. Really enjoyed it. Definitely Recommend.

1 Thank baquee_billah
Bradford, United Kingdom
“Good food nice service”
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

Been there before and the place is really nice as it always been. Sunday buffet is amazing deal to try. Will definitely going back again

1 Thank N0401
“Disappointing ”
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

On our 3rd trip to jamals we went on a Sunday and opted for the Buffett .The past couple of times we have always enjoyed it. The waiter said onion bhaji's weren't on the Buffett tonight so all 4 of us ordered some as a side dish to accompany our curries. When at the Buffett I saw that they were actually on. I had one and selected a few different curries. When I sat down the waiter said onion bhaji's must be on so we won't charge you for the ones that you ordered a side dish. I said ok no problem but he kept asking you won't waste them will you else you will be charged. I found this very odd. After our first serving of the Buffett there was still no sign of the rice and naan that came to the table to accompany your meals. My partner questioned the waiter and he just said " oh do You want them now ?" I felt like saying well when else would I want them. Was really disappointed with the service and the food wasn't much better. Will not be rushing back that's for sure!! Really disappointed as I loved my past 2 visits .