“Simply outstanding!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

The Robin Hood
Ranked #35 of 393 Restaurants in Wigan
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Cash Only, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Wigan, United Kingdom
“Simply outstanding!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

After going for a lovely walk around Orrell water park we decided to stop for a quick bite to eat at the Robin hood, me and my partner felt very welcomed and where seated in the restaurant. they had a lovely specials board (little pricey) but none the less we decided to go off the menu. My partner had homemade pate to start and I had the garlic mushrooms. the pate is homemade and is lovely and smooth with a sweet homemade red onion marmalade to accommodate the dish nicely presented the mushrooms where also very nice lots of flavours and you can tell they are fresh. For mains I chose fish and chips and my partner had the beef lasagne both delicious but very big portions. we had no room for dessert but we where very pleased with our robin hood experience we will defiantly be back!!!

• Visited April 2014

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Bulls Eye”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014

I had heard excellent reports and reviews of 'The Robin Hood' and decided to give it a go myself, I certainly wasn't disappointed! The food was absolutely excellent, beauitful, fresh and homemade, cooked to perfection. We were made to feel thoroughly at home through out the meal, the staff we a pleasure. The chef even took the time to pop out during a busy lunch service to enquire as to how we'd enjoyed our meals, the Wexford steak was a delight, cooked rare to a tee! I would definitely recommend 'The Robin Hood' to everyone, a must in my book

1 Thank Pick87
St Helens, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2014

Having heard excellent reviews about The Robin Hood, I decided to go for Sunday dinner with the family. It was wonderful, both in food, service and atmosphere! I had the mushroom stroganoff, which was excellent quality and great value for money. The family thoroughly enjoyed the visit and wouldn't hesitate to recommend.

1 Thank Katie_Midd
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2014

We had been recommended by friends to try the Robin Hood as they'd been a number of times and had told us the food was lovely, so, we decided to give it a go. Upon entering the pub we were greeted by a welcoming smile from the staff and immediately felt looked after. The atmosphere was lovely, the food was delicious and we were really pleased with the prices. We would definitely be going again.

1 Thank Ellearnold
Manchester, United Kingdom
“warm welcome by landlord and staff and good food.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014

Family group of seven had a pleasant welcome by all the staff. Little noisy whilst dining but well compensated by all enjoying excellent, differing choices from the menu. The staff were all attentive and sociable. Small dining room but was full. Would definitely recommend a visit. I along with the others will certainly revisit.

• Visited February 2014