“Top class”

Dining options: Reservations
St Helens, United Kingdom
“Top class”
Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

My partner and I visited yesterday and had another first class meal. I had Wexford Mushrooms and my partner had the sticky ribs both from the special starters menu and we certainly weren't disappointed. For mains we both had Cock & Bull from the main menu which was fantastic and cooked to perfection. This place serves some of the best food & beer in Wigan and is a credit to the landlord, the head chef and the rest of the team. Well done guys can't wait to visit again.

1 Thank sasso72

Wigan, England
“Nice little country pub!”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Didn't book a table on Easter Monday but they managed to fit the four of us in nicely! We shared the ribs and the wexford mushrooms for starters, off the specials board, and they were lovely, massive portions hence why we had to share! The waitress's were very friendly and welcoming and made sure that we had a good experience! Our meals did not take long considering it was quite busy, I had the cock and bull which was to die for! Each meal came nicely presented with a good amount of chi and with a side of vegtables. The waitress's seemed eager to cater to our every need, including bringing about ten drinks each! We thoroughly enjoyed our visit to the Robin and we will be returning soon.

2 Thank benashcroft
Wigan, England
“Excellent pub, well worth a try!”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I came in on Easter Sunday with a party of four and the service was top class with a pleasant welcoming waitress with a warming attitude. The food was well presented and tasted so good! Well recommended and we will be visiting this pub again.

3 Thank Smith881
Wigan, United Kingdom
“Simply outstanding!!!”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

After going for a lovely walk around Orrell water park we decided to stop for a quick bite to eat at the Robin hood, me and my partner felt very welcomed and where seated in the restaurant. they had a lovely specials board (little pricey) but none the less we decided to go off the menu. My partner had homemade pate to start and I had the garlic mushrooms. the pate is homemade and is lovely and smooth with a sweet homemade red onion marmalade to accommodate the dish nicely presented the mushrooms where also very nice lots of flavours and you can tell they are fresh. For mains I chose fish and chips and my partner had the beef lasagne both delicious but very big portions. we had no room for dessert but we where very pleased with our robin hood experience we will defiantly be back!!!

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Bulls Eye”
Reviewed 21 February 2014

I had heard excellent reports and reviews of 'The Robin Hood' and decided to give it a go myself, I certainly wasn't disappointed! The food was absolutely excellent, beauitful, fresh and homemade, cooked to perfection. We were made to feel thoroughly at home through out the meal, the staff we a pleasure. The chef even took the time to pop out during a busy lunch service to enquire as to how we'd enjoyed our meals, the Wexford steak was a delight, cooked rare to a tee! I would definitely recommend 'The Robin Hood' to everyone, a must in my book

• Visited January 2014