“Great place to stay”

Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Wigan
Perth, Australia
“Great place to stay”
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Have stayed here a few times when we go over to the uk. Handy location.the rooms are clean ,the staff are very helpful.the breakfast is great and cheap. Will be booking for May this year again. I defiantly recommend this place

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Brocket A, Front Office Manager at The Brocket Arms Hotel, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Thank you taking the time to review our Hotel again.

We are so glad that you chose to return to us time and time again.
I have passed on your message to the Hotel team.

We look forward to your reutrn in May and hope you have a safe flight.

Hotel Team Leader

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Antrim, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 February 2014 via mobile

Am writing this review before the end of our stay, as It is a really good hotel.
Staff remarkable nothing to much for them , very welcoming and friendly.
Rooms comfortable clean and tidy.Breakfast from 7 or 7.30 to 12 very cheap £8 for us both and to a high standard. Will be making this hotel our regular when staying in wigan only 5 minutes walk to town thankyou to the staff.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to leave this review.

I have passed your message onto the Hotel Team who were very pleased with you kind words.

Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to your return.

Hotel Team Leader
Bridgend, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 January 2014

This hotel is excellent value for money and we found all of the staff to be very helpful and pleasant. They all seemed to work very well as a team and all seemed to enjoy their jobs. Alison in reception was particularly helpful and couldn't do enough for us. The bed was extremely comfortable, the only slight criticism was that the windows and bathroom could do with a bit of an upgrade.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Julia E
Brocket A, Front Office Manager at The Brocket Arms Hotel, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel.

I'm glad that enjoyed your stay with us and thoroughly enjoyed your company. It's always nice to be reminded of home!

I have passed your kind words onto the Hotel Team.

I look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Alison
Nantwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 December 2013

My wife and I recently stayed here just before the festive season started proper!! The book in was very easy and quick,a good start..Roomk was very comfortable clean & tidy.

Bar was quite busy but did not have to wait long to be served..Staff very charming and helpful.
As wife is from Wigan we had some very good chats with the locals which does help.

Will definitely stay here again!!

Room Tip: Depends. Ours overlooked a side road,but we were Not disturbed by traffic or any late night travelle...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel.

I have passed on your comments to the Hotel and Pub Team.

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope you will reutrn to us soon.

Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for one night as my usual hotel was full. I arrived very late so did not sample the bar, but the check in was very efficient and friendly. The room was clean and tidy, nothing fancy, but all you need for a comfortable nights stay. The breakfast was not included but this is good as it means you can choose what you want from an extensive menu. I went for the standard full English and was impressed with the quality. Will stay here again.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Ian F

I have passed your kind words onto the Hotel Team.

We're glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Liverpool
Reviewed 4 December 2013

My wife and I are usually Travelodge or Premier Inn guests but as we always go to 'Spoons for breakfast when we are away we thought we'd give a Lodge a try. It was excellent!
We were a little surprised that it was about a mile out of town but the bus service was efficient and we had a pleasant walk in to town the following morning.
The staff were very pleasant, welcoming and helpful and we soon found our nice, cosy room. I must say that it was an improvement on the rooms we're used to with the other 2 companies. A superb night's sleep thanks to a lovely comfortable bed with a huge duvet.
It was wonderful being able to stroll downstairs to the pub in the morning for a traditional fried breakfast. Can't wait for our next visit!

Room Tip: The room we had at the front was just the business.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Pete E

I have passed your kind words onto the Hotel Team.

We are very glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope to be welcoming you back in the near future.

Wigan
Reviewed 17 November 2013

I used to go to the Brocket a lot but not so much recently as at the weekend you struggle to get served. Apparently, after the last time I asked, I was told they are short staffed, but that's not my problem is it? Visited again today with my daughter. We're veggie and not many places do a veggie roast apart from the Brocket. At 2.45 pm, after waiting at the bar for 10 minutes while all the the staff discussed how to rectify a till mistake, I tried to order my meal only to be told "we've sold out of veggie roast". Ah well! The Brocket used to be a really well run pub but you can't get served and staff are offhand because they're overworked, so I'm not going back.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to bring your bad experience to our attentiion.

We sincerely apologise if you feel that we have not valued your custom, I hope to reasure you that we value all of our customers and are in the process of reviewing the areas of concern that you have brought to light.

I do hope that you will accept our sincere apologise and we hope that you will visit us again in the future.

Front Office Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wigan
Mercure Wigan Oak Hotel
Macdonald Kilhey Court
Good Night Inns Bay Horse Hotel
Coaching Inn Hotel
Coaching Inn Hotel
#8 of 12 in Wigan
The Wrightington Hotel & Country Club
Best Western Plus Lancashire Manor Hotel

Been to The Brocket Arms Hotel? Share your experiences!