“Great penthouse”

Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Description: The Bird I'th Hand is a LARGE family run sports pub in Wigan near the town centre. Live sports played daily on both Sky and BT Sports on our BIG SCREEN. We serve great (food weekends only) and a range of cask ales and fine wines. We also have free Wifi, a popular beer garden and free parking. The function room is available for hire throughout the year, with friendly staff more than happy to help cater to your needs. Above the pub we have accommodation available min stay 2 nights. For any more information call the pub.
moraira
“Great penthouse”
Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

Looked for a place in or around Wigan without staying in a Hotel. The Loft came up at the top of an old pub that we actually knew. The pictures looked superb but couldn't honestly put the two together. I filled the on line form in as we needed something urgent for the next day for six nights. Was surprised she rang me within a few minutes even though she was in holiday in Spain.
We booked it as she said we would fall in love with it when you see it, she was right. My only moan was the stairs, but only because I had had a knee replacement. It wasn't that bad really. The flat is beautiful, tastefully decorated in black, white and red. Modern kitchen and shower room. Pub underneath but no noise from it at all.
Had a drink in there every night as was very friendly and had been refurbished.
Shops and takeaways nearby if you don't want to cook.
The pub only does food Saturday and Sunday which was a shame.
Could do with a small washing machine, but that's my only little moan.
Will definitely be back when we visit family.
Thank you for sorting it out for us.
Gail & Dave. Moraira.