“Dont expect good food”

Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Dont expect good food”
Reviewed 25 February 2014

We have visited the mount before but only for a drink which was ok. We decided to take Sunday Lunch, on arriving we were given a table for two and when we asked for the table to be reserved for a short time while we went outside we were told yes and a reserve sign was placed on the table. On our return the table had been taken by other diners with the knowledge of the staff and our drinks had gone. We were found another table and ordered food from a very poor uninspiring menu, roast beef was off so I ordered beef and ale pie mash and peas, I have tasted better hospital food, the pie was large in area but very thin and very little filling of which the beef was mostly grisle, the pastry was rock hard, the mash was from a packet and the peas were tinned. The front of house service was good but the kitchen seemed more a means to heat up bought in products rather than an area to actually cook food. I cannot recommend the mount to eat unless McDonalds is closed.

• Visited February 2014

Liverpool, England, United Kingdom
“Faultless”
Reviewed 22 February 2014 via mobile

I came here with my 7 month old.son and my mum, I.didn't have high expectations tp be honest as the hungry horse chain pubs in Liverpool are quite bad.

I was pleasantly surprised as the staff were really friendly and genuine. The pub felt more like a home, it was immaculate and the tables were not sticky. The menu is big, with quite the variety, and the prices are very good to.

Our food arrived very quickly and it was busy. The food was hot and looked appealing, the portions were spot on for my appetite - BIG! The food was as delicious as it looked.

I will definitely be returning back as soon as possible! I've been recommending it to all of my friends in Liverpool!

Thank you - the mount - one happy customer :)

Wigan, England
“Reasonable price for good food”
Reviewed 14 February 2014

We have been here quite a few times and it can be a bit hit and miss. It is very often busy and was one this last occasion where we were lucky to get a parking space and had to wait nearly an hour for a table. We managed to get seats in the bar so was not too bad. There are always lots of families with young children in and so sometimes it can get a little messy. I had sizzling kebabs which were lovely, my husband was less impressed with this trios of mini burgers. Service is always good. Overall good value for money.

• Visited January 2014
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Birthday Meal”
Reviewed 28 January 2014

We went to the Mount for a small birthday meal for my wife. There were only 7 of us and it was the week before Christmas so we expected it to be busy. I booked the table in person the day before which was no problem to the girl that took the booking, very helpful!!
The day after we arrived in good time to find a lovely table set aside for us, as there were 2 young children in our party we were given a booth kind of table with a TV built in for the little ones, although they never watched it as were too busy colouring and drawing on the sheets given by the staff.
We ordered our meal, and it arrived in good time, the restaurant was very busy but our food arrived in good time, didn't have too long too wait at all. I can honestly say that all our meals were very good indeed, they were exactly what we ordered, the steak was cooked exactly right(medium rare) for my wife, they were all hot and very tasty. After the meal we had our birthday cake brought to us by three members of staff all singing 'Happy Birthday' which i thought was a lovely touch. We had the birthday cake for dessert and were given plates and a knife to serve ourselves.
All in all we had a great meal, nothing fancy but it was just what we expected, and we shall be going back again!!

• Visited December 2013
Southsea
“Attentive staff but poor quality food...”
Reviewed 13 January 2014

I ate here while on a business trip, I was staying in the adjoining hotel. I ate a burger with garlic bread and tomato dip... although the price was very reasonable the quality of the food was poor, it was tasteless and full of grease, it left me feeling unsatisfied and uncomfortable. I also ate the breakfast (full English) the following morning which again tasted predominantly of old chip fat.
That being said the staff were all very helpful and friendly, however I wont be returning.

overall 4/10.