“Allow plenty of time!”

Cuisines: British, Pub
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 26 February 2014

We visited at lunchtime just for a 'quick' sandwich and chips light meal.

They operate a system where the server who takes the food orders at the bar then gets the drinks as well, leaving the next customer (and plenty more in the queue) just standing there. Why they don't ask you what drinks you want first, then have another person getting them whilst you order your food, would be a question requiring a manager to observe the queues and come up with a better system, but there seemed to be no evidence of any management.

Then, when you want a second drink, you have to go back to the bar and queue again, behind lots more people ordering food, and the server getting their drinks as well.

Sandwiches were nondescript, chips dark brown and very soft.

We won't be going again.

Reviewed 25 February 2014

We have visited the mount before but only for a drink which was ok. We decided to take Sunday Lunch, on arriving we were given a table for two and when we asked for the table to be reserved for a short time while we went outside we were told yes and a reserve sign was placed on the table. On our return the table had been taken by other diners with the knowledge of the staff and our drinks had gone. We were found another table and ordered food from a very poor uninspiring menu, roast beef was off so I ordered beef and ale pie mash and peas, I have tasted better hospital food, the pie was large in area but very thin and very little filling of which the beef was mostly grisle, the pastry was rock hard, the mash was from a packet and the peas were tinned. The front of house service was good but the kitchen seemed more a means to heat up bought in products rather than an area to actually cook food. I cannot recommend the mount to eat unless McDonalds is closed.

Reviewed 22 February 2014 via mobile

I came here with my 7 month old.son and my mum, I.didn't have high expectations tp be honest as the hungry horse chain pubs in Liverpool are quite bad.

I was pleasantly surprised as the staff were really friendly and genuine. The pub felt more like a home, it was immaculate and the tables were not sticky. The menu is big, with quite the variety, and the prices are very good to.

Our food arrived very quickly and it was busy. The food was hot and looked appealing, the portions were spot on for my appetite - BIG! The food was as delicious as it looked.

I will definitely be returning back as soon as possible! I've been recommending it to all of my friends in Liverpool!

Thank you - the mount - one happy customer :)

Reviewed 14 February 2014

We have been here quite a few times and it can be a bit hit and miss. It is very often busy and was one this last occasion where we were lucky to get a parking space and had to wait nearly an hour for a table. We managed to get seats in the bar so was not too bad. There are always lots of families with young children in and so sometimes it can get a little messy. I had sizzling kebabs which were lovely, my husband was less impressed with this trios of mini burgers. Service is always good. Overall good value for money.

Reviewed 28 January 2014

We went to the Mount for a small birthday meal for my wife. There were only 7 of us and it was the week before Christmas so we expected it to be busy. I booked the table in person the day before which was no problem to the girl that took the booking, very helpful!!
The day after we arrived in good time to find a lovely table set aside for us, as there were 2 young children in our party we were given a booth kind of table with a TV built in for the little ones, although they never watched it as were too busy colouring and drawing on the sheets given by the staff.
We ordered our meal, and it arrived in good time, the restaurant was very busy but our food arrived in good time, didn't have too long too wait at all. I can honestly say that all our meals were very good indeed, they were exactly what we ordered, the steak was cooked exactly right(medium rare) for my wife, they were all hot and very tasty. After the meal we had our birthday cake brought to us by three members of staff all singing 'Happy Birthday' which i thought was a lovely touch. We had the birthday cake for dessert and were given plates and a knife to serve ourselves.
All in all we had a great meal, nothing fancy but it was just what we expected, and we shall be going back again!!