“Pleasant”

Price range: US$37 - US$46
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 15 July 2014

A very good meal, Each course was good, the muscles were excellent, would certainly recommend and would eat there again when in Paignton.

2  Thank Dawn O

Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

From the time we made our reservation till we paid our bill to leave, we have never experienced an atmosphere like it in the restaurant - so unwanted (possibly due to fact we had a eight year old). My starter was something that I could have through together at home, then my steak arrived looked white and was tasteless. Potatoes then arrived and to my amazement they again tasted of nothing as we totally over cooked! As were my wife's vegetables for her meal. We were so amazed at the poor quality of the food we decided to skip dessert even though we were still hungry.

3  Thank Ruth0400
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Our biggest issue was with the food, Harbour Lights try to emulate a high-end rated restaurant but with the presentation of pages and pages of food, it lacked creativity and failed to seduce the eye and the palate. The crab starter was watery, and the main dish, fillet steak, was overcooked. The service was erring on Faulty Towers in particular the male maitre d' (I presumed) sat in the corner (and who refused to help with a question and pointed at the busy waitress). Nothing was interesting and I certainly wouldn't go back to this place, a throw-back from the '80s. Everyone in our party had the same reaction.

Skip this place and the hype and try somewhere else.

2  Thank pauljonnash
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Visited for the second time in last few months and was not impressed. We had the garlic mushrooms for starter and although they looked good and the sauce was delicious, the mushrooms tasted and had the texture of tinned.
I had the monk fish for main and, as the last time, the serving was very small. my husband had the Mexican steak, quite thin and smothered in a sauce that tasted like tomatoes with peppers. Again the accompanying peas tasted like tinned and the broccoli tasted like frozen ? The new potatoes were nice.
The staff were very nice and we were seated and served quickly.
More "pub grub" than restaurant food.

2  Thank sharon c
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Thank you to Jo Andrew and the Staff. The surprise Birthday Lunch on Sunday was excellent as always. We all had a lovely time - There were 42 of us - The service was prompt, the food was hot and delicious - the setting lovely. We will be back soon

Thank You.