“Enjoyable stay”

Ranked #18 of 96 Paignton B&B and Inns
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Enjoyable stay”
Reviewed 19 September 2011

Great B&B. Rooms nice and clean with good sized shower room/toilet with extra touchs like shower gel & shampoo etc. Breakfasts plenty to choose from and well cooked. Hosts very welcoming Yvonne and Mark were more than happy to help. Would definitely stay again and recommend highly. Pete & Lynn Cooper

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 August 2011

Warm, Friendly Hosts & very clean well equipped rooms. Breakfast was marvelous & our Hosts were also very helpful with information about the area.

• Stayed August 2011
South Yorkshire
Reviewed 25 July 2011

I stayed for one night on a business trip in room 5. There is car parking but it is limited to 4-5 cars. On arrival the car park was full so I gave the B&B a quick call and Mark the owner came out to move his car so I could park mine, an excellent warm welcome. Mark welcomed me and got me settled in to my room. He explained about local places to eat and how to get there. The sea front is literally a 5 min walk away and there are plenty of restaurants and pubs serving food along there.
My room was very spacious, even though it had a double bed, a wardrobe, drawers and a 2 seater settee, I still had plenty of room. It was very clean, comfortable and welcoming. There were tea, coffee and hot chocolate available along with a biscuit! The room had a tv, hairdryer, alarm clock and plenty of mirrors. There was a welcome pack with the B&B information and local tourist information. I only remember seeing one plug socket in my room, although I only needed one for my phone charger so that wasn't a problem. The en suite had a shower (no bath) and had a dressing table area in there. The shower was good, nice and hot. Available in the room were soap, shampoo, conditioner, body lotion, cotton balls and cotton buds, which is a lovely little extra for guests! I had an excellent nights sleep and felt very comfortable for my stay.
The communal area had lots of local attraction information and menu's of the local restaurants. The breakfast was excellent, plenty to eat and drink, with plenty of choice.
Would happily recommend to family and friends.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 July 2011

Lovely B&B. Rooms nice and clean, breakfasts big and tasty, hosts warm and welcoming. Ask about the 'hidden gem' walks in the area, Yvonne and Mark are more than happy to help. Would definitely stay again and recommend highly.

• Stayed July 2011
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 June 2011

We had our second stay with Yvonne and Mark in May, only this time I went with a broken foot, and the other leg with an ulcer after a bad fall; I could not have asked for better treatment by this wonderful young couple, our first visit was class A, but they went that extra mile to make me even more comfortable.
I really have to comment on a disgruntled "minnieWar Warwickshire" on her review of the Ambassador, everybody has their own opinion, but I think you took the bad attitude line, but there is no pleasing some people, take it with a pinch of salt Yvonne and Mark!!

Room Tip: The ground floor bedroom is beautifully presented
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank porthnewquay
Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 May 2011

We stayed at the Ambassador during a family weekend away in April and enjoyed every moment of our stay. The room was very clean and had everything we needed including a travel cot for our youngest. Nothing was too much trouble for the owners and they were extremely welcoming. The breakfast was fantastic and the use of breakfast slips to choose what you wanted each morning was a great idea.
All in all we had a great time and we certainly be staying here again next time we visit Paignton.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
Sidmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 May 2011

We only stayed for one night but we had a very friendly and warm welcome, our room was clean and modern with some nice touches such as free shampoo and shower gel. The breakfast was very nice with excellent service and a good choice, I would certainly visit The Ambassador again and will happily recommend it to friends.

• Stayed May 2011