“Wonderful Trip Joan Coventry”
Review of Queens Hotel

Queens Hotel
Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in Paignton
Reviewed 16 July 2013

Just back from long weekend had a brilliant time all the staff very friendly and service excellent. Lovely food and good entertainment. Could not fault any thing apart from the fact that our room was a bit small so when we go again i will book in plenty of time and ask for a larger room as we booked this trip very last minute and the hotel was very busy. We will defiantly go again. Thank you for a great week end.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Queens Hotel

Reviewed 8 July 2013

I have just returned from Queens hotel in Paignton,i took my mom as she as been very poorly and has'nt been on holiday for 10 years, thanks must go out to Lee the manager on his staff training as all his staff were friendly and very helpful, especially Dave and Keith(on the bar) and ,all the dining room staff,nothing was too much trouble and they all made moms holiday.The entertainment every night was excellant and mom and i cried with laughter at Andy monday and Simon on Wednesday,better entertainment we have ever seen in a hotel! I would recommend this hotel to anyone who enjoys good food,entertainment and wonderful staff.Once again Lee and staff thanks for making my moms holiday. Jill from Birmingham

Room Tip: we stayed in 201 and never saw inside any other room!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
LeeDCullen, General Manager at Queens Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2013

Good afternoon, thank you for taking the time to leave your heart-warming review. I am so happy that your mother enjoyed her stay with us as it was her first holiday for such a long time, and of course that you enjoyed your time with us too.
Thank you so much for your praise, I will pass it on to all the staff who I’m sure will also be delighted to know u feel they helped to make your mothers holiday special.
it is also great to hear that you enjoyed the evening entertainment, we try to select each act that we know to be very popular when planning the acts for the year, and I am glad that you enjoyed it during your stay.
Your recommendation is most kind and I hope to welcome you both back to visit again before too long. Please pass on our regards to your mother from all of us at The Queens.

Reviewed 30 June 2013

We have just returned from our mini break away. We have stayed in Paighton many years and love it there after viewing The Queens we decided to give it a try as it was offering good rates for bed breakfast and evening dinner. All I can say is we had a lovely time. We arrived early on Monday 24th June and our room was ready and was allowed to check in early which was lovely as we were not expecting to check in until 2pm we arrived at 9.30am! The food was 5 star breakfast and evening dinner and value for money. Our room was lovely and clean. Only downfall was that we were unable to open our window to wide as the pigeons liked to come in as we found out on our first day arriving back in to find 2 pigeons sat on top of our wardrobe which we both found highly amusing but soon found their way back out of the window. We stayed in room 317 and we could hear the entertainment but it did not bother us and it did not keep us awake as such. Our waiter was so lovely and nothing was to much trouble for him so friendly we sat on table 21 and met some lovely people during our stay. We were surprised that no families with younger children were not staying it is a hotel more the the mature person, which don't get me wrong we found this a lovely change as a mature couple ourselves and grandparents was a lovely break away from little people. Lee the manager and his staff was so friendly and cheerful and again we stress nothing was to much trouble. Even though there was work going on in the foyer and bar area this did not affect anyone, even the maintenance men were very friendly. We will DEFIANTLY go back again!! Thank you Queens.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
LeeDCullen, General Manager at Queens Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2013

Good afternoon. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your lovely words after your break.
I am most pleased that you had a lovely time with us after visiting prior when you were in the area.
Our housekeeping staff do work very hard to ensure that all our arrivals are done as early as possible so that if our guests do arrival early, they can make the most of their first day.
It is especially pleasing to hear that you enjoyed the dining experience in our restaurant. Our team of chef’s work very hard to ensure each dish is carefully created from the finest locally sourced ingredients, to maximise the guest’s enjoyment. I will pass on your kind words and I know they will be delighted.
I am also pleased that you found the room to be lovely and clean and I am glad that you weren’t disturbed by the rogue pigeon!
However it most pleasing to note that you found all the staff to be so friendly and cheerful. They do work tirelessly to ensure that they provide the best levels of customer service possible, and I am delighted that this showed during your stay.
Its is also lovely to hear that our maintenance men weren’t too disruptive during your stay. They do try to cause as little disruption to our guests as possible.
I am delighted that you plan to return and I look forward to showing you the bar and reception areas now that they are all finished being refurbished.

Reviewed 24 June 2013

My wife and i have just returned from a short stay at this hotel,it was fantastic from the moment we arrived .Lee the manager runs a wonderfull hotel,and his staff are a credit to him,and the hotel group as a whole,nothing is too much trouble for them .The food was brilliant,and the bar well stocked and managed,unlike some hotels,everybody makes you feel special,and there is always a welcome smile with the good morning/good afternoon greeting .Do not be put off with the prices of this hotel,we only paid £49 pounds each for dinner bed and breakfast,and you may think that perhaps you wouldnt get that much for the price,but how wrong you would be,its excellent value for money,throw in the nightly entertainment,and the heated swimming pool,and you will certainly see that you get real value for money.
Dont hesitate to book at this hotel,im sure you will enjoy it,we will certainly be returning

Room Tip: we wre in room 216 which if you decide to retire to bed early,does have a bit of noise from the ente...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Good afternoon. Thank you for taking the trouble to leave your glowing endorsement of the hotel.
I am delighted that you had such a lovely time from start to finish and plan to return to us in the future.
Your comments are most kind and I am delighted that you felt our staff are a credit to our company. They all work so hard to ensure that they deliver the highest levels of customer service possible and I am glad that this shone through during your stay.
It is so wonderful to hear that you were made to feel special and always met with a smile.
I am also most pleased that you consider us to offer great value for money. We try to exceed expectations and do everything we can to ensure each guest has an enjoyable experience with us.
Your recommendation is most kind, and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel before too long.

Reviewed 22 June 2013

We have just returned from a five day break at this Hotel - it was our first trip to Devon and it wont be our last. The hotel was lovely, the food was excellent both breakfast and evening meal. It is well situated and very well run. The staff are a credit to the management, the whole team gave the best customer service I have witnessed in a hotel nothing was ever too much trouble and every request was met with a smile. Well done to all

1  Thank dave22bmw

Good morning. Thank you for taking the time to post your lovely words.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your trip to stay with us and I am glad that it wont be your last.
I have to agree that I am very lucky to have such a good team. They are always striving to exceed expectations and I am elated that felt that you received exemplary customer service during your stay. I will pass on your kind words and I am certain they will all be delighted.
I look forward to welcoming you back to The Queens Hotel on your next trip to Devon.

Reviewed 21 June 2013

The Queens Hotel is one of the most amiable hotels that my wife and I have ever visited. The food was simply devine, well prepared and presented. Each mornings Breakfast was enjoyable served by pleasant and knowledgeable staff. The evening meal compares favourably with the Grand Hotel in Torquay, the food was well served and was highly enjoyable, full of local produce. The rooms are comfortable and afford a nice stay at the seaside, the staff are very helpful and pleasant. This holiday experience has had such a profound effect on my wife and I, so much so that we have decided to repeat it this year, if the hotel is not full. It has a very nice swimming pool as well.

Room Tip: Book early
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GunnersRest

Good afternoon. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your wonderful review.
I am absolutely delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us so much and that you and your wife plan on returning to visit us later on in the year.
It is particularly pleasing to hear that you feel our dining experience compares favourably with the Grand Hotel in Torquay. Our team of chefs work tirelessly to ensure each dish is carefully created and well presented. They also take pride in using as much locally sourced ingredients as possible, adding to the flavour of each dish.
Your comments about our pleasant staff are also most kind, and I will pass on your lovely words which I know they will be delighted with.
I look forward to welcoming you both back to The Queens Hotel later on this year.

Reviewed 7 June 2013

My husband and I had a fantastic holiday at The Queens we had a week there from 24th to 31st May, my husband was a bit apprehensive about staying in a bigger hotel at first as we have been used to staying in small family hotels where we used to think you got more personal service,but The Queens was highly recommended to us by a couple of friends, so after a disappointing holiday at a small hotel in Paignton last year, where we had actually stayed since 2007 we decided to give The Queens ago, and we weren't disappointed, from arriving to going home we were made very welcome by all the staff that we met, the room 219 was lovely and clean and spacious with a comfy bed and a bath as well as a shower, the meals were lovely with very efficient and friendly staff always willing to please, also the entertainment in the evenings was very good, we loved everything about the hotel, and we are looking forward to our next stay in August.
Thanks Lee to you and all your staff for making it a memorable holiday.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 60sgirlDoncaster
LeeDCullen, General Manager at Queens Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2013

Good Morning, thank you for taking the time to leave your lovely review. I am delighted that you had such a fantastic holiday with us at The Queens.
I am especially pleased that we lived up to the recommendation from your friends and that you felt that you were made so welcome. We are constantly trying to provide a personal experience for each and every guest in the hotel, and I am glad this showed during your stay.
It is also lovely to hear that you enjoyed the level of service from all the staff and that you felt well looked after during your break.
I am most pleased that you loved everything that we have to offer and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Queens Hotel in August for your next break.