“Brilliant!”

Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in Paignton
wales
“Brilliant!”
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Stayed here for the second time, on a coach trip with "The Loose Women"! Yet again, The Queens was excellent! Yummy food, spotlessly clean, comfy beds, great entertainment, ........and if that's not enough....the staff are fab! Lee obviously is a good leader....many thanks to Rose our waitress who was great ("morning my lovelies"), and many, many thanks to Dave, the best barman around, who looked after me brilliantly (yes Lee, I know I need looking after!). Many thanks to all...we will be back! (if we're not banned for messing about on the security camera!). Don't hesitate -book this hotel, you'll love it!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank peachyWales
Lee C, General Manager at Queens Hotel, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Good morning! Thank you for your remarkable review of our hotel. It was an absolute pleasure to welcome “the loose women” back to the hotel again, and I am delighted that you experienced another enjoyable break.
I am thrilled that you enjoyed all aspects of your break, from the ‘yummy food’ right through to the spotless cleanliness and comfy beds.
However, I am most elated that the staff made your holiday special. I have passed your comments on to our lovely Rosie and Dave was absolutely over the moon. I am glad that you felt so well looked after (not that you need it obviously….) and I am delighted that you plan to return!
Your recommendation is wonderful and I am very much looking forward to welcoming you all back soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
Stoke-on-Trent, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Nothing was too much trouble. Staff polite and most helpful,couldn't do enough. Very clean will be booking again.Rooms very clean and cosy great tea making facilities would recommend this hotel to my friends.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Carole H
Lee C, General Manager at Queens Hotel, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Good morning, thank you for taking the trouble to leave your glowing endorsement. I am delighted that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay with us here at The Queens.
I am particularly thrilled that you enjoyed the helpfulness and attitude of the staff, and I will pass your kind comments on to them all.
Your recommendation is most kind and I hope to welcome you back to the hotel before too long.
Weston-super-Mare, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 March 2014 via mobile

We have just come back from a 4 night break at the queens and had a great time.

Everything was spot on and well run from the restaurant staff to the cleaners of the rooms.

The food was excellent and a good portion size and had plenty of variety for even a fussy eater.

Well done to everyone and will be back soon.

Stayed March 2014
1 Thank studmuffinstu
Lee C, General Manager at Queens Hotel, responded to this review, 23 March 2014
Good morning, thank you for taking the time to leave your wonderful review. I am delighted that you had a great four night break with us.
I have passed your kind comments on to our restaurant team and housekeeping team, both of which do a fantastic job and really care about our guest’s experience. I am delighted that this showed during your stay.
Your observations about our food are lovely to hear and I am delighted that you felt our restaurant menu to be excellent quality with a good array of choice.
I very much look forward to welcoming you back to The Queens in the future.
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 March 2014

A lovely clean and friendly hotel in an excellent location. We had as great stay, staff were friendly and helpful, the room was spotless and the food excellent. We were younger than the majority of guests but still thoroughly enjoyed our stay and the mini heatwave was a fantastic bonus.

1 Thank staddon20
LeeDCullen, General Manager at Queens Hotel, responded to this review, 19 March 2014
Good afternoon, thank you for your kind words. I am delighted that you had a great stay and that you found all the staff to be so friendly and helpful. They all strive to give the highest levels of customer service at all times.
It is lovely to hear that as younger guests, you had such an enjoyable stay. With the summer break and school holidays now approaching, lots of young families are returning to enjoy all that we have to offer for all ages.
The weather has also been great, and although we can’t take credit for arranging that for you, I am delighted that it was an added bonus for your stay.
I hope to welcome you back to The Queens in the not too distant future.
Llanelli Carmarthenshire
Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

we have stayed at this hotel several times There is always a very warm welcome from Manager Lee and all the staff The rooms are clean and comfortable. The food is excellent with plenty of choices to suit all tastes the restaurant staff are always friendly and eager to please The entertainment is good too
I highly recommend this hotel It is near the town and beach and is most suitable for people with mobility problems

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank lucykins14
Good afternoon, thank you for taking the time to leave your lovely review. I am delighted that you enjoy the warm welcome and the friendly atmosphere here at The Queens and that you return to visit us time and time again.
It is wonderful to hear that you enjoy the restaurant menu and feel that there is plenty of choice to suit all tastes. The menu is carefully devised seasonally ensuring the best quality of locally sourced ingredients are enjoyed at the right time of year, and also that the options on the menu are varied enough to have something everyone will enjoy.
Your recommendation is most kind and I look forward to welcoming you back before too long.
Llanelli, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 March 2014

Had a 5 day break,and a very happy one.Every member of staff from the manager to the handyman were outstanding,very helpful and pleasant.The food was really outstanding,with quality and variety.Ihave had worst meals in 5* hotels.The room 414 was on the small side,but you get use to it after a day.The entertainment was to a high standard.The only gripe i had was no sky tv in the lounge and the riduculous prices of the drinks.Overall it was a nice break, and lee you should be very proud of yourself and your staff for the oustanding service that you provide.

Room Tip: ours(414) were on the small side,cant comment on others
1 Thank evans333
Good morning. Thank you for taking the time to leave your wonderful review. I am delighted that your break was a happy one and that you found all of our team to be helpful and pleasant. I have shown all the staff your kind words and they are elated.
Your comments about the restaurant menu are so lovely to hear and the chef team are ecstatic that their food has been likened to 5* hotels.
I am pleased that although you found the room to be a bit on the small side, it didn’t detract from your wonderful experience.
Unfortunately we haven’t had Sky television installed because we have never had enough demand for it, however it is certainly something we shall consider going forward.
With regard to the drinks prices, we have set them relative to drinks prices all across the bay matching most public houses and being very competitive with other hotels.
You are right, I am extremely proud of my team and the levels of customer service they provide. We are all constantly chasing perfection, and the team give 100% and I can’t ask them for any more than that. I am glad this showed during your stay.
I am delighted that you had a very enjoyable break overall and I look forward to welcoming you back to The Queens in the not too distant future.
bristol england
Reviewed 15 March 2014

we stayed at the 3 star hotel for 4 nights the bedrooms we had was not large the bathroom was a good size but another couple who stayed the bathroom was very small, the breakfast was good . evening meals was normally a choice of 3 starters 3 main meals 3 deserts. all the food i ate at the hotel was of a very good standard. the towels was changed daily also the bedding was changed . over all the staff was friendly and service excellent i would return and stay again

Room Tip: rooms overlooking the sea
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Good morning, thank you for your review. The bedrooms and bathrooms do vary in size due to the nature of the building, but they are all furnished to a very high standard with the highest quality fixtures and fittings.
I am delighted that you found all of the food on our menu to be of a very good standard and enjoyed the choice and variety that we have to offer. We actually have four options for mains and starter including vegetarian options and six desserts to choose from, including a reduced sugar option.
I am pleased that you found our housekeeping department to be so efficient and that you appreciated the towel and linen changes during your stay.
It is lovely to hear that you would return and stay again and I look forward to welcoming you back before too long