Queens Hotel
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Breakfast included
Wulfruna Hotel(Paignton)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsfive coursessister hotelcoach holidayedwards coachesgb toursturkey and tinselentertainment every nightlovely hotelcourse evening mealthe hotel managerindoor swimming poolwould recommend this hotel to anyonecheese and biscuitson arrivallovely breakevery member of staffeaster break
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Just returned from a weekend stay at the Queens Hotel. We stayed there as part of an Edwards Coach Travel holiday to celebrate our 33rd Wedding Anniversary. The whole long weekend (Friday to Monday) was a complete pleasure from start to finish.

The hotel is beautiful, and the staff are fantastic, nothing was too much trouble. We would particularly like to thank our waitress Rose (Rosie), she was lovely, very pleasant and always smiling.....it was a pleasure to go to the dining room to see her. The food was very good, with plenty of variety, with something for all tastes...even vegetarians and the like.
The barman (Dave) was also great.....my husband and the bus driver had a joke with him, and even taught him how to pull a pint of Guinness correctly!! (Joke!!).

The rooms are of good size, clean, and with all the facilities one requires when on holiday.
There's also a brilliant indoor swimming pool, it's a good size, and there's not too much chlorine in the water.

We had fantastic entertainment every night, with bingo for those who enjoy a quick "eyes down".....even the resident MC changes nightly and all of them are very chatty and funny.

We would recommend this hotel with confidence, and will definitely use it again....either with Edwards Coaches or as a private booking.

Room Tip: We had 106....ground floor, plenty of storage and roomy.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Phillyn17
Lee C, General Manager at Queens Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

Good afternoon. Thank you for taking the time to post your wonderful review.
I am absolutely delighted that you had such a pleasurable experience for your 33rd Wedding Anniversary.
Its wonderful to hear that you found the hotel to be lovely and clean with all the facilities that you would require to have an amazing holiday.
I have shown your review to our Rosie and Dave who were both over the moon that you enjoyed their service. I am very lucky to have them both as part of my team (even if Dave does still need to learn how to pour Guinness properly!).
Your recommendation is very much appreciated, and I look forward to welcoming you back again for your next visit with Edwards, or privately.

Reviewed 5 April 2014

Just returned from a fabulous five day break at Queens Hotel. Everything was perfect. The food was fantastic, lovely spotless room, comfy bed and pillows, great location. All the staff were wonderful and nothing was too much trouble. It was so nice that all the staff seemed so happy with their work and had a great rapport with each other, and they made the break a lot of fun. The entertainment was so good and our group had a brilliant time. On the way home I tried to think of something, even a very small thing, that could have been better but it was all just perfect. Many thanks to all at Queens Hotel for a perfect holiday.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank oldbidie

Good afternoon. Thank you for your glowing endorsement of our hotel. I am glad that you found everything to be perfect during your stay. We are constantly chasing perfection and do our utmost to ensure every guest has a wonderful time with us.
Your comments about the cleanliness and the comfort of the room are lovely to hear, and i have passed your kind words on to our housekeepers.
It is delightful to hear that you found the team to be so wonderful and that nothing was too much trouble. I also note that you found them to be happy in their work and have a great rapport. Our team have a fantastic working relationship and all really enjoy ensuring our guests have a lovely stay. I think this helps create the unique and friendly atmosphere which our hotel is famed for.
I am glad that you were unable to fault a single thing and I really hope to welcome you back to The Queens Hotel in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 1 April 2014

Just returned from a five day break at Queens hotel,(24th to 28th march) and we cannot rate this hotel highly enough. From the manager and front of house staff , housekeeping and restaurant staff, and a special mention to the lovely guy that looks after the swimming pool. We were spoilt from day one. We have already booked a family room for June and looking forward to it immensely.

Thank you Lee and staff.

Brian and Andrea Davis

Room Tip: We had room 213 on the first floor at the front of the hotel. First class accommodation can't praise highly enough.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank andrea d

Good afternoon, thank you for your kind words. I am delighted that you rate our hotel so highly and had a fantastic time.
I am elated that you received exemplary service from all departments and Colin who looks after our swimming pool is over the moon at his special mention.
It is so lovely to hear that you felt spoilt, as we try and ensure that all of our guests have a special and personal experience.
I am very much looking forward to welcoming you both back to The Queens in June.

Reviewed 28 March 2014

just had 5 days at the queens beautiful hotel spotless clean wonderful staff everyone aims to please rare find theses days food very good our waiter really couldnt do enough carnt remember his name or spell it good entertainment every night good bar man keith only blip coach company had not requested ground floor room so was given one on top floor there was a lift but dont do lifts they scare me to death disabled so carnt do stairs had to pay 60 extra for ground floor room it was a double but a bit naughty chargeing me that but still a lovely hotel

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank sharon1954

Good afternoon, thank you for taking the trouble to post your review of our hotel. I am delighted that you found all the staff to be so caring.
I am glad that your waiter went above and beyond with his service, our whole restaurant team are very obliging and make it their priority to ensure each guest has a memorable stay. I am glad this showed during your stay.
It is unfortunate that we were unaware of your situation before you arrived, as we try and accommodate all the requests we are given. I am glad that we were able to offer you a ground floor room and the only reason we charge a supplement is because of the sole occupancy of a double room.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay though, and found the hotel to be lovely. I hope you will return to stay with us again, and please contact me personally to arrange a ground floor single room for you.

Reviewed 23 March 2014

Just had a wonderful midweek holiday at the Queens, this was our first visit but it will not be the last. The room was very comfortable very clean, the food was fantastic our compliments to the catering staff also to Carly our waitress who look after us so well. I will be recommending the Queens to my family and friends and will be returning later in the year.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sandra100966
Lee C, General Manager at Queens Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Good morning, thank you for your wonderful appraisal. I am delighted that your first visit was so enjoyable that you plan on returning to see us again.
I have passed on your kind comments to our chefs who work so hard to produce a quality homemade and locally sourced menu, and I am glad you found it to be so enjoyable.
I have also shared your praise with Carly who is also elated.
It is great that you will be recommending us, and I look forward to welcoming you back later in the year.