“Once again a brilliant holiday at the Queens” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Queens Hotel

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Queens Hotel
Ranked #5 of 18 Hotels in Paignton
Doncaster, United Kingdom
“Once again a brilliant holiday at the Queens”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

Once again we had a brilliant holiday at The Queens, thank you to Lee and all of his staff who cannot do enough for all their guests, you would think that with all the people that pass through this very busy hotel that we would just another couple of faces, but all the staff that are still working there each time we've been there,they seem to remember us even when they see us in the street and make us very welcome,our special thanks go to Feyat our waiter for being so efficient he certainly knows his job and to Gunnar the restaurant manager who does a very good job at keeping the restaurant running efficiently.
We haven't booked another holiday at the Queens yet but we will be booking again for next year at sometime.
We have been to The Queens 4 times now and had 3 different rooms and they were all lovely, clean and spacious they were rooms 218, 219,and 220.
Hope to see you all at the Queens next year.

Room Tip: We have been to The Queens 4 times now and had 3 different rooms and they were all lovely, clean and...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Lee C, General Manager at Queens Hotel, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Good morning, thank you for taking the time to leave you lovely review of The Queens. We are all delighted that you enjoyed your stay.
I am so pleased that you are made to feel special each time you return, I will pass on your special thanks to Feyat and Guner and I know they will both be delighted.
It is lovely to hear that you plan to return again next year, and we all look forward to seeing you again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
Burton upon Trent, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

We stayed at the Queens at the end of July myself,my mum and dad and my son.All the staff are outstanding and the rooms are clean and fresh.The food was excellent and a good choice of menu,with very efficient staff waiting on.We have stayed at the Queens a number of times over the years and it gets better each time we go.They have modernize the hotel over the years and now it shows the Queens hotel for what it is, a truly great place to stay.Thanks for making our holiday a special one.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank martine12052014
Lee C, General Manager at Queens Hotel, responded to this review, 17 August 2014
Good morning, thank you for your lovely review. I am delighted the whole family enjoyed another special holiday at The Queens again this year.
It is so lovely to read your glowing comments about our staff and I will pass your comments on to them all and I am sure they will be delighted.
I am delighted that you feel that we are improving all the time as we are constantly striving to improve the hotel for our guests enjoyment.
I very much look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

We stayed at the Queens Hotel early in the season. We traveled with a coach company. The manager got onto the coach to welcome us all. There was tea and biscuits awaiting us while our luggage was unloaded. We were speedily allocated our rooms. We asked for a quiet room and that is what we got. Clean and comfortable, although a tiny bit cosy (due to an extra bed in our room), we had everything we needed. Tea and coffee making facilities renewed each day. I requested Decaf tea and was given it without quibble.
The staff were superb, the food was extremely good, with excellent choices on the menu.
There was a bar, an entertainment room, a quiet room, and an indoor (well heated) pool.
We were very close to the beach and all the facilities but without any night time noise. There was nothing else we could have asked for or that we would have changed.
Thank you Queens Hotel. We will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Our quiet room was at the top of the stairs at the side of the entertainment room. The hotel was not...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank valerie c
Lee C, General Manager at Queens Hotel, responded to this review, 10 August 2014
Good afternoon, thank you for taking the time to leave your lovely review. I am delighted that you had such an enjoyable stay with us and that you found the staff to be superb and the food excellent. I will pass on your kind words to the whole team.
It is so lovely to hear that you wouldn’t change a thing and that you felt that we provided everything that you could have asked for. We genuinely do our best to meet and exceed all of our guests expectations. I very much look forward to welcoming you back to The Queens!
Shipley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

We started a family holiday to spend time with the parents, somewhere we could all spend time together. Not a hotel we would normally book but our parents have been going for years and love it so we decided to give it a go.

I will start with what went my wrong but please read on.

The room we booked when we arrived had been messed up by a former employee who put us in a double room for a family of four. Unfortunately, the hotel was full so one of the staff had to put up bunk beds for the children. The room was very hot as it was unusually high temperatures for the time if year and extremely humid, with no fan it unbearable so we had to buy one but the issue only lasted two days and can't blame the hotel for the weather!! That is the end of what went wrong, now what went right.

On reporting any issues, the hotel manager Lee spent the morning contacting a sister hotel to put us up in, this way we had a family exec room and we were only charged the price of a double room. I spend my working week travelling and staying in hotels and I can honestly say, the service and attitude of all the staff is better than any other hotel by a country mile! Keith who put up the bunk beds did this at short notice and couldn't have been kinder, something again he went an extra mile for and didn't have to do.

I have seen some reports on the hotel that were not complimentary and I have to agree with all the responses from Lee which state, if you report an issue and let them know they will solve it and they certainly do!

Let me say, we have two very demanding children, so it wasn't easy for the hotel staff, particularly the dinner service team. However, they were all absolutely superb, again couldn't do enough for you. All the food was excellent and we didn't have a bad meal.

We didn't make use of the hotel entertainment as our children are too young for us to sit down there. However, it looked varied and our parents said it was excellent. Two acts were on every night regularly.

Despite a bad start, I have to say this hotel is excellent value for money. 5 star service, cleanliness, excellent hotel food, entertainment and a very friendly atmosphere.

They couldn't do enough for you, thanks for an excellent stay and in particular to Lee who helped us out and put the customer first, this is very important when you have kids

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Craig D
Good afternoon, thank you for taking the time to leave your review of The Queens!
It was lovely to welcome all the different generations of your family and its lovely to hear that your parents love the hotel.
I think the problem arose because one of our former receptionists assumed that the younger child would need a cot rather than a bed. I apologise again for this oversight and can assure you that this is not characteristic of our reception team who are extremely thorough when it comes to reservations.
Thank you for being so understanding about this and I am pleased that we managed to put the bunk beds up for you so quickly, and also that you felt Keith went the extra mile.
Your comments about the service and attitude of our staff are most kind and I am delighted that you feel we exceed others by a country mile!
We do genuinely care about ensuring all of our guests have an enjoyable stay and if people do report any issues I will personally do my very best to solve them immediately.
The restaurant team are brilliant with kids, and they love interacting with young families so they definitely enjoyed serving you all during your stay. I am glad that you found them to be superb and I will pass on your kind comments to them.
I am absolutely delighted that you had an excellent stay and found all aspects of the hotel to be excellent and friendly.
I hope to welcome all of you back to The Queens in the future, and if you do plan to return, please ask for me and I will personally see to booking your reservation.
Gillingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

The staff are friendly and helpful, and nothing was too much trouble. The food was of excelent quality and very nicely presented wethoroughly enjoyed our stay the hotel was near the sea front and all amenieties great evening entertainment.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Margaret R
Good afternoon. Thank you for your kind comments. I am delighted that you found the staff to be friendly and helpful and that nothing was too much trouble during your stay.
It is also particularly pleasing to hear that you found the food to be of excellent quality and very well presented. I will pass your kind comments on to our hardworking chefs who I am sure will be absolutely delighted.
I hope to welcome you back to The Queens Hotel in the near future.
Northampton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

Stayed a weekend for a break ( and literally got one ) . Staff could not be more helpful . Food as usual was first class . Room and service absolutely spot on I cannot see how this hotel could ever be faulted. See you all again soon .

Room Tip: We hvery quiet.ad a downstairs room looking onto the Patio, Never heard a thing . l
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank northamptonpeter
Lee C, General Manager at Queens Hotel, responded to this review, 20 July 2014
Good afternoon, thank you for leaving your kind comments. I am delighted that you had a lovely break and found the staff to be helpful and food first class.
I very much look forward to welcoming you back to The Queens in the near future.
Kent
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

Good hotel near to front and harbour, bus and trains, lovely friendly and helpful staff, rooms a little bit warm due to good weather, nice and clean, bar staff excellent, noisey seagulls, parking a bit tight, lounge lots of seats but difficult to get to, some excellent evening entertainment and good food, smallish indoor swimming pool and free towels, all in all very enjoyable would use again.
David Panter

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
4 Thank davepanter
Lee C, General Manager at Queens Hotel, responded to this review, 20 July 2014
Good afternoon Mr Panter. Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments about our hotel.
I am delighted that you found the staff to be helpful, the food in the restaurant to be good, the rooms to be nice and clean and the entertainment excellent.
I am glad that you found it enjoyable and would come and stay with us in the future. I hope to welcome you back before too long.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Paignton
Premier Inn Paignton Seafront (Goodrington Sands) Hotel
#11 of 18 in Paignton
The Redcliffe Hotel
The Redcliffe Hotel
#6 of 18 in Paignton

Been to Queens Hotel? Share your experiences!