All reviewsfive coursessister hotelcoach tripedwards coachesgb toursentertainment every nightturkey and tinselcourse evening meallovely hotelindoor swimming poolwould recommend this hotel to anyoneon arrivalcheese and biscuitsevery member of staffsingle roomeaster breakcoach party
Reviewed 19 October 2017

Good hotel. Lovely, helpful staff. Food 4/5. Comfy bed. Just a gripe about having to pay so much more as a now single person. My own view on this, a 10% surcharge on the price offer, would be acceptable. But when it is almost double the price, it tends to put me off, and make me look elsewhere.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Gary C, Manager at Queens Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2017

Hello,
Thank you for taking the time to review the Queens Hotel. We appreciate your comments. We do not charge a supplement for a single person staying in a single room. It may have been the case that the only rooms available were a double room, in which case there is a supplement to be paid as you would expect in most hotels.
Please request a single room on your next reservation.
We hope to see you again soon.
Kind Regards Management & all the team

Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

Just returned from a weekend trip with friends. Can't fault this hotel. The rooms, food and entertainment were very good. Best of all were the staff they were fantastic so friendly and helpful. The indoor swimming pool is lovely with towels provided at reception so no need to overfill your suitcase. You are close to everything, the beach, the town and the train station.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Gary C, General Manager at Queens Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2017

Good Morning Jen,
Thank you so much for your lovely review of the Queens Hotel, Paignton. We are delighted you enjoyed every aspect that the hotel had to offer including the friendliness of the staff and our indoor heated pool.
We all look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Kind Regards all the team

Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

My partner took us away for 2 nights for my birthday at this hotel 7th of October after the assistant manager didn't know how the booking.com payment worked we where made to pay twice At the start of the stay and she was very unhelpful to help us in anyway we had to chase booking.com (We still haven't be refunded) we were made out to have not paid and told to pay again untill we could prove even tho we showed internet banking payment,We felt it was up to the hotel to sort this out not us! The following day we went out for my birthday came back to hotel to find the cleaners had left a towel wedging our door to our room open all day so all our belongings were not surcure for 8 hours !!! The day of check out 9th of October we were rudely awakes by room cleaners asking to clean the room at 8am (check outs and 10) we got our self packed up to be ready to leave the hotel after breakfast witch was paid for to find the reastrant was closed and not serving this is at 910 am (breakfast served 8-930) apparently not! we felt most of the staff we helpful the assistant manager not and rude and after sending a email to the hotel no reply, shame because the room was comfortable .

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank missapplegate84
Gary C, General Manager at Queens Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2017

Dear Missapplegate84

Firstly I would like to personally apologise for the delay in responding to your review. As it was negative my team knew I would want to reply myself, and unfortunately I have been away on leave.

I am very sorry you were disappointed with your recent stay. The confusion over payment must have been a poor start for your break. Unfortunately we are relatively new to booking.com, and still experience occasional issues. In most cases payment is taken on arrival and this caused confusion. I do hope your refund has now been sorted in full, how ever if not please contact me directly and I will take it up with booking.com on your behalf.

With regard your other issues, I am disappointed to hear and have personally looked into these issues to ensure they are not repeated.

I would very much like the chance to redeem your impression of our hotel. So please contact me directly at the hotel so we can discuss it further.

Kind Regards
Gary, Fiona and all the team

Reviewed 12 October 2017

The Hotel is clean and the staff are friendly and helpful. The food was excellent and restaurant service was very good. The swimming pool area was clean and tidy. Entertainment every night was also good and the bingo adds a little extra fun.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank 37gueste
Gary C, General Manager at Queens Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2017

Thank you very much for reviewing the Queens Hotel on your recent stay with us, we are pleased you had a great few days with us and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 12 October 2017

Food ,entertainment and hospitality amazing.Bedrooms comfortable and walk in shower very accessible.3 course breakfast and 5 course evening meal.Very close to sea front and very good value for money.A brilliant break

Stayed: October 2017
1  Thank anitamurch

Hello and thank you for taking the time to review the Queens Hotel, we are delighted to hear your kind comments and that we are offering great value for money. We hope to see you again in the future.