Bay Esplanade Hotel
  • Restaurant
US$86
  • Breakfast included
Orbitz.com
All reviewsshearings holidaymr beanself drivesea viewcoach driverbuffet breakfastentertainment roomtiny bathroomsea frontenjoyable breakper daynight porterexcellent positionrestaurant staffevening entertainmentvisited this hotelpublic areas
Reviewed 20 May 2013

stayed at the esplande from the 6th till 10th may we went with shearings first impressions of the hotel outside looked lovely the reception area was also nice on going to our room noticed the hotel is a bit dated and could do with a bit of tlc but it isnt has bad has some people say anyway we got to our room we upgraded to a sea view it was lovely plenty of room and the view was excellent the meals were also lovely plenty of choice and the waiters were always there if you needed them the entertainment was good a different turn every night we also met some really nice people the trips with shearings were also good all in all i cannot fault this break staff were really friendly rooms were cleaned every day the shops are only a five minute walk away i will be returning to this hotel in the future

Room Tip: upgrade to a sea view from what i was told they are bigger rooms
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
esplanade123, General Manager at Bay Esplanade Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2013

WOW, Thank you so much for another GREAT 5 STAR REVIEW & for taking the time to post. I am again so pleased to read all your kind comments and of course look forward to your return visit soon. Thank you very much.

Reviewed 11 May 2013

stayed over the bank holliday weekend.typical bay hotels, great value, good food, very small bathroom.good entertainment.all staff were excellent ,we had a corner room which was fine , some rooms looked smaller.bed breakfast and evening meal for £30 per day , fantastic.will be coming back,great value.

Room Tip: if you want a good view you can upgrade
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
esplanade123, General Manager at Bay Esplanade Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2013

Thank you very much for the great FIVE STAR review.
I am very pleased you would return here and that you found the bank holiday weekndn to be great value. Again I am very happy to read how you found the staff to be excellent. Once again a big thank you.

Reviewed 11 May 2013

Stayed at this hotel monday 6th untill friday 10th may 2013 on a Shearings 4 nights holiday. my first impression was that the hotel was in a very good position on the seafront at Paignton.the reception area and lounges were very spacious and well appointed with a bar in the lounge and the staff very welcoming and attentive we were soon sorted and on our way to our room no 127 we had requested a room with single beds and a bath and on a low floor because on reading reviews on trip advisor the rooms with a bath and single beds tended to be larger than them with double beds and a shower.The room was a good size with the beds in one side and a small lounge type area with two chairs and a table under the window which looked out onto the rear of the hotel next door the bathroom was of a good size with a bath and no shower missed having the shower but I had requested a bath and that it was what I got no complaints here.the room was clean and tidy the decor was a bit dull but looked like it had been decorated recently
a bit of the ceiling paper was hanging loose in the right hand corner next to the door the carpet looked newish the beds were clean and comfortable and we slept well I would ask for this room again if I visited again.We enjoyed the food which was served up for both breakfast and dinner with very good selections and well cooked and served up by very attentive and well trained staff they could not do enough for you The concert room was a little dated and needed refurbishing there was the usual shearings entertainment bingo and an artist plus compere which is usually done and dusted by 11.pm We took the all inclusive option which on the payment of £30 you got 4 drinks on each of the nights you stayed we thought this was good value. The hotel is situated about 10 minutes from the shops entertainment and town centre and there is a good bus service if you want to go to Torquay or Brixham no 12 service.I enjoyed my break here and would visit again if I was in the area my thanks to the managment and staff for an enjoyable holiday.

Room Tip: go for a twin room with a bath the seem to be bigger rooms
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for posting the great FIVE STAR REVIEW.
I am very pleased again to read how the staff were welcoming & attentive and that you enjoyed your holiday here. It is really great to to read that you found them all to be well trained and helpful. I am very pleased you also found the food, room and ertertainment to be enjoyable and hope you will return again some day. Thank you once again for a great review.

Reviewed 9 May 2013

A very comfortable hotel, staff extremely friendly and helpful. Our room although an the small side was very clean and the bed was a pleasure to sleep in. The food was excellent and served by our excellent waiting staff Joe & Alice made the weekend very enjoyable. The entertainment was mixed a good MC, but if you are there when Ricky Tempo is performing you are in for a real treat, excellent musician/singer. Plenty to see in the local area.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you very much for the great FIVE STAR REVIEW.
Again I am so pleased to read how you found the staff here to be extremely friendly & helpful, a great team, they really do go out of their way to try and ensure your holiday enjoyment. I will of course pass on your kind comments to our head chef and also to Joe & Alice, who will be really pleased they made your holiday more enjoyable. I always copy these reviews to the staff noticeboard, for all to see, I will also ensure the entertainment team see your review and pass on your comments to Ricky. Once again thank you for the great review, I hope you will return in the future.

Reviewed 7 May 2013

Just returned from a last minute one night stay at the Esplanade Hotel. The location of the hotel is spot on, right on the sea front, near the harbour, shops, pubs and pier. Staff at receiption were friendly and helpful. The hotel itself is a little dated and could do with a refurbishment. Our room was ok, bed a little small for my other half (his feet were hanging off the end!) quite comfy and linen was clean. Like others have mentioned, the bathroom was on the small side, which could have done with a good scrub and it did smell of urine in there. There was a new gentleman singing the evening we stayed, and we popped down to see him and ended up staying for the first half. Enjoyed his singing very much, even though he sang old songs (which were for the majority of the elderly audience). Breakfast was ok, a little on the warm side rather than hot side. Having said all this I think I would stay again, but it would only be for one night, don't think I could do more than that!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I am pleased you found the staff to be friendly and helpful and although on this occassion you did not have a refurbished room, we do continue each year with a number of room's being upgraded/refurbished. I am sorry your partner did not fit his feet in the bed, however they are regular double size, however we do not have any king size beds, sorry. I will of course pass on your kind comments to the entertainment staff, they really appreciate any mentions.I am pleased that you would return.