All reviews home from home rooms were cleaned every day booked a single room wonderful hotel breakfast menu is my husband and i have just recommend this hotel family room may bank holiday cleaned daily other guests tea coffee facilities rooms are spacious superb hosts close to town checking out superb location
Reviewed 29 August 2018

The hotel is in an excellent position not too far from the town but far enough away to avoid all the noise. Very friendly hosts and staff and couldn't do enough to help (we even had a lift to the railway station as he was going to visit his daughter). The breakfast was superb with a good choice and plenty to eat. This hotel will be our first choice if staying in the area again.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 August 2018

We stayed here 2weeks ago had room with balcony and sea view which was great , room was smaller than we were used to but adequate for just us two.oldies.. Staff were very helpful and friendly ,great breakfasts, very hospitable owners, he even offered to lend my husband a raincoat on the one day it rained, can’t get more friendly than that ! Would def recommend for a break in Painton.

Date of stay: August 2018
CalDaveMarg, Owner at Cleve Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write a Review. We are really pleased that you enjoyed your holiday with us at Cleve Court. It was a lovely to meet you, and we hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the future.

Thanking you.

Kind regards
Margaret Carole and David.

Reviewed 19 August 2018 via mobile

Came across this by chance - I’m a regular visitor to the area and I’ll look no further than this place from now on. Great food, really clean, lovely hosts and very reasonable rates. Stayed on my own but would happily take family there. A little out of town (very close to harbour) suited me, but easy walk downhill into town

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 11 August 2018

third year we have visited Torbay, have stayed at the cleve court hotel on all occasions. We have not been let down by anything staying at the most friendly and home from home hotel. The staff and owners are so helpful trying to give excellent service and food that all my family love even my youngest. Great views and superb landscape walks to enjoy.
All in all a great place to stay.

Room tip: book early and ring direct
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 9 August 2018 via mobile

Just back from a three night break in Paignton. A birthday present really, plus a trip on the steam railway and down memory lane!
This is a little gem of a hotel, just far enough away from the front to be quiet and peaceful. The two lounges are very comfy, the bar lounge seems to be most popular though!
Our second day was also my birthday, my wife put banners up in the room and on our breakfast table so I dare say the secret was out! In the evening I went to order our drinks and was presented with a bottle of wine by David, one of the owners as a birthday present, most unexpected but a lovely thing to do. Thanks again Dave!
The breakfast menu is very good too, the full English well worth a try, all freshly cooked.
If you want a nice quiet base for Torbay, give this hotel your consideration. Recommend asking for one of the larger rooms though, ours was a little cramped but we booked late, a couple of weeks before we went so couldn't be helped. Comfy bed though, that's all we needed!
Thanks again to Carol, Margaret and David for your hospitality, Felicity and all the other staff who's names I didn't catch.

Mag and Dave.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
CalDaveMarg, Owner at Cleve Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2018

Thank you for your kind review. We are really pleased that you enjoyed your stay at Cleve Court, and had a lovely day for your Birthday.
The weather was brilliant too.
We trust you had a good journey home and we hope to welcome you back again in the near future.

Thanking you.
Kind Regards
Margaret, Carole and David.