“Big family hols after 15 years of being at Beverly park”
Review of Beverley Holidays

Beverley Holidays
“Big family hols after 15 years of being at Beverly park”
Reviewed 29 August 2014 via mobile

Well what can I say have raved about Beverly park saying how great it was but that was 15 years ago :( were 2014 now and time has stood still , lodges need so much updating stuck in time, entertainment really really bad , oceana bar empty every night staff looked embarrassed , but price s still expensive , won't be back again brought grandchild and family 12 of us two lodges not cheep not worth it , ladram bay Devon beats this hands down :(

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
7 Thank margie b
Jeavons_Family1, Owner at Beverley Holidays, responded to this review, 1 September 2014

We are very sorry that you were disappointed on this occasion and would like to assure you that all feedback is closely monitored to highlight any areas you think should be considered for future seasons. We are constantly re-investing in our facilities and accommodation here at Beverley Holidays to ensure we continue to offer our guests an unsurpassed holiday experience. Furthermore, we will be updating our accommodation in 2015 with an exciting range of new Platinum caravans and lots more models to add to our existing fleet.
With regards to our on-site entertainment, Chris and Beverley Holidays’ Entertainment Team have been working hard generating what we believe is a more varied programme. The changes came about after careful consideration of customer feedback gathered over the last few season, and have been introduced to enhance our guests’ overall holiday experience. We will be sure to forward your comments on to Chris and the team for them to keep in mind when tweaking the entertainment programme for future seasons.

Thank you again for taking the time to provide us with your feedback and we very much hope to welcome you back to Beverley Holidays soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
Wiltshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 August 2014

Our first visit to Beverley park we would return as it was a good base to explore the area. Reception staff very helpful and answered any questions we had. Was worried what Caravan would be like as booked cheap.it was clean and basic, husband found bed uncomfortable and I didn't sleep as we were situated next to main road and entrance. several nights was kept awake till early hours by drunks from club.we used and enjoyed crazy golf I feel bats could of been provided for ping pong. It was Lovely sitting on upper deck when the sun was out!

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Linlou1995
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 August 2014

We got back from a camping trip about a week ago. It was great. We had use of all the pools inside and outside. The site shop was great prices. They had a soft play area and playground close to where we camped. There were on site places to eat both at the gallery and the upper deck area. The veiw from the campsite was astonding.The toilets and shower area was clean and very hot water. The entertainment of the nightime was the best the staff are all friendly and very funny. The shows for the kids kept my 3 happy. ( their ages are 3 ,6 ,7 ) and it can be hard to keep my happy but they did it. Will be back again and this time will book a caravan going to be persuding other family members to come also.
Overall a big thumbs up from us xx

bath
Reviewed 26 August 2014

I will be honest, we used the Ashvale park as a base for exploring the Riviera, so did not really make use of a lot of the facilities, so cant comment on evening entertainment or food options. What I can say is that the van we stayed in was clean, well equiped and great value for money. The matresses on the beds werent the comfiest, but they did the job. The swimming pools over at Beverly park was nicer than the one at Ashvale, but you can use either so it depends which you prefer. The Beverly park indoor pool also has a hot tub, sauna and steam room, so a nice chance to combine a bit of r&r for mum and dad whilst the kids could safely play within eyeline. The little shop is over priced but convenient, so good for last minute bits if you realise you have forgotten anything. Staff we dealt with at reception were very polite and helpful. For an affordable option for a family break, this was great and we will be back next year!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
derbyshire
Reviewed 26 August 2014

This was our 2nd visit to Beverley park and took extra family members this year as we had raved so much about it from the previous year. We stayed on the Beverley site (Which is lovely) and they stayed on Ashvale across the road. Personally there is no comparison - Beverley park site seems to be a lot better than over the road but to be fair Beverley is the main one anyway. We stayed in a celebration gold caravan and it was just the job , Clean and cosy , the only downside is the bedding situation, I didn't like the fact that we had to make our own beds and could see every mark on the mattresses :-/ ( OCD kicked in ) lol .There was a blood stain on our mattress and your only given I sheet to put on the bed. Would it not be more hygienic to have some kind of PVC on the mattresses which can be wiped after each guest ? (just a friendly suggestion). The pool was fab and like being abroad if you have the weather. The onsite shop is well stocked and not bad in price to be fair. We was very disappointed in the takeaway downstairs (the galley) as you walk in you see the prices are on a board above the counter which are like that in most takeaways , so we ordered our food and thought we was paying the price which was on the board. When we sat down and looked at our receipt the burger my hubby had orderd which should have been £3.29 was actually £10 ? because we choose to eat it inside ? There was no signs up about this and if something says a price then that's what you should pay. The guy who served us had a stinking attitude and was clearly moaning about us to his colleagues behind the counter and threw a swear word in too which my son overheard, I wasn't happy about this so I complained to reception. They was very apologetic and professional about the situation & I noticed a few days later they had made the prices abit clearer on the café board. The entertainment on the Beverley is great, we went to the Disney night and we LOVED it - There just needs to be more seating if that's possible , it was heaving. The next night we was up for a curry and karaoke over in Ashvale, it states that it starts at 9pm so we got over there around 8.30 and we had no Dinner then to be told that curry was no longer being served ? Gutted ! we went back to the van and put a pizza in. All in all though we had a nice stay and the park is realy lovely and clean

Room Tip: Upgrade if you can to a better caravan. You get what you pay for
2 Thank DerbyshireDobbo81
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 August 2014

We're a young family, myself and my wife are in our thirties and our children, 5 and 8 years old. I've brought my family here every year for the past 7 years, sometimes twice a year after being introduced to Beverley Park by my wife's family. We normally stay in the standard Torbay or Sunset caravans, but this year decided to treat ourselves and upgrade to the Deckhouse and stay for 10 days. We booked back in October 2013 and specifically requested a deckhouse as close as possible to the main complex, which we were told would be fine. We arrived at 8:30am, we were told it wouldn't be ready until later (eventually received the keys at 3pm - but that's fine) While we were waiting for our deckhouse to be prepared, we asked which one it was so we could see it (we were excited about it) but then we saw where we were situated - possibly the furthest deckhouse away from the main complex. Not only that, it was positioned right against a hedge giving us no view from the right hand side of the deckhouse (See attached photo). I returned to the reception explaining what I've mentioned above and asked if there were any other options, to which the answer was "If we arrived the following day there would've been something we could do but due to our day of arrival, nothing could be done" I asked if we could switch the following day instead then, to which the answer was no. So the start of our holiday was a disappointment.

The entertainment: This year there has been a shake up in entertainment, which I understand the need to change things to keep things fresh. I liked the introduction of Beverley Bear - the kids love that sort of thing! But the weekday evening entertainment was a real let down. In past years all the kids would join in for some games, medals would be given, and everyone taking part would be given a lollypop or similar sweet. This year the winners received the sweet and the rest of the kids received nothing. Then it was around the third day that I realised, I actually felt really bored! The main difference from what I could work out was, in previous years the entertainment would entertain the kids and adults. This year seemed to be the same games as last year, but just concentrating on the kids... which is fine... if it's a children's party, but it's not! It's a family holiday. That being said, the Saturday and Sunday evening entertainment seemed much better. Saturday was great as it was the old team and they entertained naturally - the lady (Teri / Deri sorry not sure of name) I could listen to her all day! Loved the 80s show on the Sunday - they all put on a real performance with great choreography and vocals. There is one new guy who has an amazing voice and is also quite funny - good all round entertainer! But the rest of the week seems to be left in the hands of the youngest members of the team. They are good enough as part of the entertainment, but far from good enough to lead the entertainment for the whole weekday shows (or lack of). They seem to talk about themselves a lot and one point remember rolling my eyes when one of them said to the other "I sound different on this mic don't I?"

Over the past 7 years I've seen they've spent a lot of money upgrading the accommodation (You can't complain about that). Generally it's of a really high standard and aside from our positioning, having a bush for a window and lack of alternative or apology, we enjoyed the deckhouse as much as we could, very spacious. Facilities are good - great pool. but would like to see a little more investment in daytime activities. My kids got excited when they saw a bouncy castle... but then we were a little disappointed when we saw we had to pay for it - I could understand if it was a massive thing that you get at the beach or park, but it wasn't, and couldn't have cost much to hire for the day... or even invest in one at least! I agree with Roger (the previous review), a lot more work could be done for daytime entertainment. I wasn't around for the rivalry he mentions but seems like a good idea to start, rather than remove old activities without replacing them!

I'm disappointed I've not left a fantastic review for this place, as I've always loved it here, and I'm sure the management may curse me for not leaving a review in the past when I did love it, and I'm sorry I haven't. But a combination of issues some big, some small has disappointed me enough to write this review. If you're looking for a family holiday park, then I'm sure you will still enjoy Beverley Holidays. This year, I was't so impressed.

4 Thank Raymond M
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. Here at Beverley Holidays, we are always striving to give you the best holiday experience possible and all comments are greatly appreciated to help us meet this goal. We are delighted to hear that you have been holidaying with our family-run park for several years, and with this in mind, we are very sorry that you were disappointed on this occasion.

Our sincere apologies that we weren’t able to allocate you a holiday caravan closer to our main facilities. Our premium Deckhouse accommodation are extremely popular and get booked up very fast during the peak season but our staff will always strive to accommodate your needs wherever possible. With regards to the entertainment, we would like to re-assure our guests that we have a wealth of entertainment both during the daytime including visits from Pennywell Farm, Animal Activities, Football Workshops and a brand new climbing wall together with on-site facilities such as mini golf, table tennis, arcades, etc. We are particularly proud of our evening shows which are entertainment team have been working hard to develop a more varied programme suitable for a range of ages and tastes. We will be sure to forward your comments on to Chris, Simon and the rest of the entertainment team for them to keep in mind when tweaking the entertainment programme for future seasons, and wish to advice guests that our new visiting bouncy castle costs £1 per session.

Thank you again for taking the time to provide us with your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to Beverley Holidays soon.
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

My family have stayed here for our holidays since 2007 numerous times per year and this year beverley have changed how the entertainment and park are run . Firstly i will mention negatives . People queuing from 1830 for the club to open at 1900 is ridiculous especially when people are pushing past each other to jump the queue to get a seat . Basically the club is not big enough and the entertainment team regularly ask for ppl to give up any spare seats with ppl standing up to see the shows . Bar prices are maybe a little bit more than local pubs which i suppose is accepted .on one ocassion my family were in the upperdeck bar at beverley when a drunk lady sat down next to us and started talking rubbish and became abusive ,security removed her and the bar lady apologised and said this person had swore at her staff this afternoon and told no more alcohol for her and told to go back to her van, the fact she managed to get back in was disappointing as this drunk ruined my daughters night .
This year ashvale bar "oceans" is a supposed sports bar but when we wanted to watch a match we came across standing room only as bingo took preference in this "sports"bar . We enquired at beverley upperdeck bar could we have the match on here due to this but were told no its a restaurant go ashvale and watch . Fair enough its a restaurant so to say but it had soap operas with no sound on tvs so why have the tvs in there .
The arcade not manned after 1030 a sign in the arcade said any problems with machines come back at 1800 !!
At ashvale when going for a newspaper each morning i was greeted by staff moaning and i mean moaning in the shop over whether they were being kept on due to changes in the park . Fair enough staff were polite serving me but do holiday makers need to hear staff gripes .
On a plus note they still have mat morgan , simon, jay and romaine who really are stars i doubt a holiday park could have a tighter team than these fab entertainers . The resident boyband "2fat4that" were brilliant check out you tube for evidence .
Our caravan which we have stayed in before had been given new carpets and was very clean on arrival . A very clean park in fact , lovely flowers everywhere .To sum up ..... a great holiday park which has made changes which have not enhanced the customer experience in my eyes . Staff complaining about changes and the queuing are big negatives .

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank the-seadog
Jeavons_Family1, Owner at Beverley Holidays, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. Here at Beverley Holidays, we are always striving to give you the best holiday experience possible and all comments are greatly appreciated to help us meet this goal. We are delighted to hear that you have been holidaying with our family-run holiday park for many years, and wish to extend our apologies with regards to the lengths of the queues at our Starlight Cabaret Bar which has proven to be particularly popular this season owing to our fantastic new 2014 entertainment team.

Please rest assure that our Out Of Hours Customer Service Team are always on hand should you ever require assistance in the evenings as was demonstrated during your stay. We will be sure to pass your comments on to the relevant department heads to consider for future season and look forward to welcoming you back to Beverley Holidays soon.