“nepalese curry”

Price range: US$16 - US$24
Cuisines: Asian, Indian, Nepalese, Balti
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Winner 2012 and 2013 2015 trip advisor customer excellence award and winner 2012 and 2013 just-eat tried and tasted award.Family owned business since 2006. Started as a Take-away but with huge demand of the locals we opened our door as a Fully Licensed restaurant on september 12th 2008.
Reviewed 1 August 2014

we love curry and we tried the nepalese for the first time.
it was really nice, spicy and tasting, delivery took a bit longer then expected but all in all, was worth it!

2  Thank 48Sergi0

Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

The outside isn't very presentable but the inside is nice and the food was good there was a little wait but worth it for the food

2  Thank Sharkdiver01
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I won't be using himal again, I have read rave reviews of the restaurant so thought I would give them a go. I wish I hadn't. Me and my wife sat in a waited and waited, they were far more concerned about take away orders then actually serving us. We waited so long we decided that we would instead use their takeaway service. We took our takeaway house tasted it and threw the whole lot in the bin, it was devoid of flavour, spices were no existent. The inside should have alerted us to avoid the place looked shabby and the toilets leave a lot to be desired.
Avoid this restaurant and try one if the many others around paignton.

4  Thank Eden G
Reviewed 26 June 2014

My wife and I have been ordering Indian takeaway from the Himal Tandoori for around 6 months now. We often order the set meal which is exceptional value for the amount of great tasting food you get; A pappadum, 2 bahjis, main, side, rice/naan and a cold drink for £8.50 is superb value, especially when you consider that I normally have enough left over to take to work as lunch the next day!
Some of our friends are now ordering from them as well after having takeaway with us one night, and one of those has since taken their family for dinner there too!

3  Thank DoverDan
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Wu used to frequent the Taj India Abbey Road Torquay on numerous occassions over the last two years which was five star.We recently learnt the owners of that restaurant sold it and moved to the Himal Tandoori.As their previous Restaurant was excellent decided to try the Himal which involved a one hour bus journey using two buses.
The food was very good huge portions at a reasonable price.Our only gripe was the lenght of time it took for the meal to arrive at our table.It was explained to us that priority was given to their regular take a way customers not to diners.
Would use this restaurant again but for delivery only
Visited 13 June 2024