This was our first time camping & as we love the Torbay area we decided on this site as it also had a pool.
First impressions of the site are very good, you can see the lovely setting & everything looks well looked after & clean. We were very quickly escorted to our pitch, which i though was a very nice touch.
The camping pitch we were designated was lovely, not too far from the well kept amenities.
There was a small amount of noise but not excessive at night, mainly from kids & teenagers enjoying their holiday, (we were all young once!), but everything was quiet for 10:30. Being a very light sleeper I was never woken in the night so all must have been quiet.
The pool was awesome, smallish but excellent none the less, we were in every day at opening time & our little boy loved it.
Only went to the bar once as we're not drinkers but it had a nice atmosphere, the staff were very polite, service was excellent & reasonably priced. The cafe was good but again we only ate from there the once as we tended to eat out more often than not.
The shop was very good, well stocked & reasonably priced to say there was no competition in walkable distance.
I could go on about how much we enjoyed the site but I won't bore you all. What I will say is we enjoyed our first camping trip so much & the site impressed me & my wife so much we've booked the exact same pitch for summer 2015.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Family run Whitehill Country Park is nestled in rolling Devon hills making it the perfect spot to get back to nature with its endless walking trails and quaint on-site facilities. The dog-friendly holiday park boasts camping pods, boutique holiday caravans with hot tubs, luxury lodges, touring and camping and a wealth of on-site facilities offering something for all ages. Situated in 40 acres of glorious grounds, the surrounding fields are home to 130 species of flowering plants and ferns, with a private woodland providing perfect family walks, plus Letterbox and Nature Trails, outdoor heated pool, Shire Craft Centre, outdoor play areas, table tennis, amusement arcade, pool table and much more. On-site facilities also include a Hayloft Bar and Terrace, Hayloft Café and Takeaway and Country Shop selling a delicious range of local produce. In the evenings, enjoy music from local musicians or head to The Granary for children's discos and more. Plus in the daytime take part in pony riding, birds of prey demonstrations and poolside BBQs to name just a few. Situated in a perfect setting to explore the English Riviera, Whitehill Country Parks is close to many picturesque beaches together with a wealth of attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with PitchUp so you can book your Whitehill Country Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Whitehill Country Park Hotel Paignton
- Whitehill Country Park Paignton, Devon