All reviews stoke gabriel shower block camping trip craft centre hot tub slight slope camping pods craft room golf buggy lovely campsite family site great camping toilets showers well stocked shop games room on arrival washing facilities
Reviewed 13 August 2014

I stayed with my daughter for 2 nights in a non electric plot, as it was only a short stop over I didn't bring a camping stove or other appliances. What a mistake I made! For the 2 nights plus food I spent a grand total of £125, £50 for the plot of land and the remainder on sub standard food and poor service, so poor that when I went for tea my toddler daughter was refused a ham sandwich because it was only on the lunch menu, I even spoke to a manager regarding this and the answer was still no. My partner has been going to the same camp site for nearly 30 years and has always recommended it, however I am sorry to say that I won't be going back again...there are far more inexpensive and just as aesthetically pleasing places in
the southwest that aren't as pretentious and have a can do attitude. I am really disappointed my precious time with my daughter has been marred by a poor attitude to customer service and that I've had to write this review when I should be praising the place that holds many happy memories for my partner.

1  Thank Mhocking84
Jeavons_Family1, Owner at Whitehill Country Park, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. Here at Whitehill Country Park, we are always striving to give you the best holiday experience possible and all comments are greatly appreciated to help us meet this goal. We are very sorry that you were disappointed on this occasion and would like to re-assure you that we will be passing your feedback on to the relevant department heads.

Our on-site restaurant and takeaway boasts an extensive menu suited to a range of dietary requirements and our team always do their upmost to cater for all customers’ needs. Thank you again for your feedback and we will ensure your next holiday with us is full of happy holiday memories.

Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed for 10 nights from 28/7/14, we booked a mini kestral lodge, on first impression it seemed spotless, but after letting my 1 year old crawl around he was covered in long blonde hairs which none of us had! It got to the point where we couldn't let him crawl around with snacks it was that bad!
The family bar was great, the entertainment for the kids was great, the main bar was friendly but the outside decking area was so untidy it was awful! The food from the hayloft cafe was ok.
The pool was great always clean but sometimes over crowded, the parks in the camping fields were fab the one near the pool was poor.
The shop was always stocked well.
All the staff were really friendly and could nt help you enough.
We could not get any signal on any of our mobile phones and the wii fi connection bought from reception was nt great either.
Overall a lovely relaxing holiday with a few minor things that could be improved on x

2  Thank Emma J
Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

Just spentca week at whitehill despite the rain we all had a fab time kids made great use of swimming pool our 4 year old loved the kids entertainment and craft barn. found it to be very clean constant hot water from showers. Great family holiday the only down side is the slight slope on camping pitches sleepin on a slope was entertaining. Recommend to anyone and would go back.

Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

We have just returned from another great stay at Whitehill - we had a lovely time and there are new shower/toilet blocks on Sweethill!!! Always a warm friendly welcome and the cleanliness is second to none my kids love it here and we can't wait to go back next time - thank you Whitehill Team

Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Tracey M
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Whitehill country park is everything a camper needs. Kids enjoying outdoor life - playing football, laughing, running around - and freedom. The showers can get crowded but this should be expected at the peak of the holiday season. Our pitch was on the top of the hill with a beautiful view - couldn't believe how near to Paignton we were. Recommend the Parkers Arms at the turning into Stoke Road - Lovely meals and good value. Would definitely go to this site again. Everyone friendly and the pool is actually a decent temperature. There are sloping pitches but they seem to be mainly non-electric.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family