“Fantastic food”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Excellent Italian food. Huge portions good service and owner Massimmo was delightful. Highly recommended.

There are newer reviews for La Scala

Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

We cycled in the Dartmoor Classic 100 and the 3 of us were particularly hungry. We booked a table at La Scala and the food and service was absolutely fantastic - there was nothing you could fault. One of our party left his mobile phone on the table and max drove this to our hotel in Goodrington Sands.... Now that is service

Reviewed 22 June 2014

We live locally but haven't been to this restaurant for 20 years. My husband and I decided on an impromptu meal out together and we're not disappointed. Fabulous service and a complimentary amaretto liqueur!

Reviewed 20 June 2014

Got the address from my phone app around me. Phoned the restaurant to make arrangements but it was answer phone. I was just about to go somewhere else when I did get a call saying they could give us a table in 30 minutes, which we agreed. On arrival I was surprised to see how small it is and just one person serving the roughly 20 tables. The person turned out to be the owner, which explains why he doesn't answer the phone. The menu was interesting, and he explained in detail all the dishes, when we ordered he even agreed to prepare some spinach in a different manner. The food was delicious and generous portions as well. really great and enjoyable restaurant.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Beautiful food. Faultless service. The price reflects the standard of food which is wonderful. The one and only true Italian in Torbay.