“Simply the best”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 15 August 2014

We visited La Scala yet again having seen some of the bad reviews on tripadvisor. I wanted to make sure I had not made a mistake, could it be so bad as some reported ???? Well, all I can say is, it is "simply the best" so much so that it is the ONLY restaurant in Paignton I would highly recommend without hesitation. I have even sent many of our own guests who have reported back that it was one of the best meals they had ever had. Especially the Fillet Steak, which is to die for. I can only assume, the bad comments were pre Max's time, or clearly the guests were not connoisseur's of fine foods. Well done La Scala keep up the good work "Ill be back"

1  Thank Ironmike_10

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Advised to visit this restaurant by friends and so glad we did..........the food and service were
excellent and the atmosphere supreme.The owner put himself out to accommodate a late
reservation.....will definitely visit again......La Scala is certainly the best italian restaurant in the bay

Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Visited for a meal with my wife on Sunday 3rd august, greeted by the owner (I think) who was very professional and we were guided to our table that over looked the park. Restaurant is good decorative order and very traditional feel.

We were served by a very polite waitress who also gave us a nice basket of bread (foc) to accompany the bottle of red wine we ordered which was About middle of the road on the menu and prices at £20.

The menu was very extensive and detailed with a great choice to suit any pallet. We each has starters which were like a meal themselves prices at about £7each, my wife's prawn, with salmon and mussel sauce was stunning.

For main meals my wife had a diced filet steak and I had a fillet of monk fish with prawns both meals were priced about £20 and were served with sautéed potatoes and vegetables.

Overall bill was approx £70 and very good value for money with real restaurant quality food, if you are looking for a cheap meal this is not the place to go, but if you want a lovely high class meal with great food and excellent customer service I would highly recommend.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

Visited here as we were in the area to try the food. The service was good, friendly and attentive and the food was to a good standard as well. The only thing which I mark it down for is that it is a little bit pricey. Definitely worth a visit

Reviewed 29 July 2014

This place is good , from the amazing service max gives you to the mouth watering food he serves. Well worth a visit