“Exceptional Guest House - relaxing break”
Review of Collerton Lodge

Collerton Lodge
and 1 more site!
Collerton Lodge
Ranked #46 of 97 Paignton B&B and Inns
Reviewed 14 April 2014

I have just returned from a short break at Collerton Lodge, from the moment I entered the Guest house to the time I left I couldn't have been looked after any better. The hosts Sandra and John made my time in Paignton very enjoyable, from the delicious breakfasts to the comfortable bedroom. Paignton, Brixham and Torquay are just a short bus ride away (the bus runs every 10 mins) so there is lots to see and do, I would not hesitate to go there again.

Pat Newton

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Patricia N

Reviewed 13 April 2014

Where do I start? I recently spent a Monday to Friday break at Collerton Lodge which went all too quickly. From the moment you step inside you can feel the friendliness and relaxed atmosphere. The rooms are spotlessly clean, bright and tastefully decorated. Beds so comfortable I looked forward to retiring at the end of long days and slept extremely well. The en suite shower was a very good size and the water was always piping hot. Plenty of storage space and the first time I've not has to ask for extra hangers! Flat screen TV and tea/coffee/hot chocolate making facilities with biscuits, what more could you ask for? I can only describe the breakfast as awesome and I'm fussy. Beautifully presented and served with a sparkling smile it's just impossible to resist and my plate was cleared every morning. The view each morning from the conservatory was beautiful, the bluest of skies and sunshine welcoming the day ahead? For lazy days the garden area is very spacious with furniture to relax in comfort, Sandra and John have really gone the distance to make Collerton Lodge home from home but with hotel quality and more. Public transport is within a short walk from the house and we enjoyed the experience of finding our way around albeit with a lot of info from our hosts. There is nothing more I could add that hasn't already probably been said, I can only advise you to go and be spoilt for a beautiful stay in Devon, I guarantee, you won't be disappointed. I for one will definitely be back.

Room Tip: I stayed in the room at the front of the property, being double glazed, I was not bothered by traffi...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 April 2014

Business takes me to Devon a couple of times a year and I always stay in this beautiful Guest House as the hosts, Sandie and John, are such warm, friendly and accommodating people. Collerton Lodge really is a home away from home and is ideally situated in between Brixham, Paignton, Torquay and Totnes. I took my family there recently for a short break and we stayed in the apartment which was every bit as beautiful, clean and modern as the Guest House itself. It had everything we needed which made it difficult for my family and I to leave at the end of our stay. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank TonyUnitedKingdom
Reviewed 23 March 2014

I really enjoyed my time at the Collerton Lodge. I felt welcomed at all times, and the breakfast was amazing and delicious!. The room was just the right size, with a comfortable bed, clean towels, a kettle and a TV. My stay fitted around me, as I was always busy in and out, and they were flexible when I could come and go. It was brilliant value for money! and I would feel happy in returning.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Collerton Lodge is a fantastic B&B and I would recommend it to anyone. Delicious breakfasts, clean and comfy rooms and a very warm welcome from Sandie and John - what more could you need?
We will be back again soon!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 September 2013

We stayed in the self catering apartment. Nice to be able to go outside and eat and also have room for the children to stretch their legs. My 7 year spent lots of time outside reading on the comfortable furniture. Would highly recommend.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank 171buttercup
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Just back from a five day break at Collerton lodge, am missing the breakfasts already. Can't recommend this place enough. Wonderful hosts, immaculate rooms, excellent breakfasts. If I didn't have to work I would live there. Thank you John and Sandie for an excellent stay. See you soon. we will be back Richard and Hayley

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple