All reviews tea and cake on arrival excellent hosts usual tea warm welcome with tea coffee making facilities sea front next year comfortable place to stay ground floor room long journey great week hospitality tray few minutes walk set you up for the day home from home private parking
Reviewed 22 March 2016

I stayed at St Edmunds Guest House for three nights, with my two cockapoo dogs, Bertie n Bella. The rest of the walking group were dotted around locally.
i had a lovely warm welcome from Gill and Tony, and they couldn't have been nicer.
I had a lovely, clean and nicely decorated double room, with lovely treats thrown in, eg little sewing kit, sweets, biscuits, coffee/chocolate, shower soaps etc
I didn't eat dinner in, but I can highly recommend the breakfast! I ordered it the night before from a great choice on the menu. It was delicious! Not at all greasy, hot, and quality, ( I am fussy where food is concerned!) The dogs got a sausage each, since they were on holiday too, and very much appreciated it!
I ordered a packed lunch the day I left, which was great. Fresh sandwiches, crisps, biscuits, tomato, juice.....and of course doggie treats too!
Gill and Tony are both very friendly, and put a lot of thought into their business.
I will definitely return, thank you!

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with friends
ObiwanDevon, Owner at St Edmunds Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2016

Thank you very much for your comments, they are much appreciated.
It was a pleasure having you stay with us and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 22 March 2016

Jill and Tony welcomed us with coffee and homemade cake, our room was light and airy and very clean, there were so many little extras in our room, a bowl of sweets, ample biscuits and tea making, and even juice for my grandson.all bathroom needs were met plus extra's. The breakfast was superb and cooked to perfection with a huge choice, nothing was to much trouble, Jill and Tony were great host, as they say, you come as strangers and leave as friends, I would highly recommend this guest house, can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family

Thank you very much for your comments. It was a pleasure having you stay with us.
We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 8 March 2016

Staff really friendly, and very accomidating. Breakfast was really good too, very comfy stay. Lots of car parking space and only a few minutes walk from sea front, town centre, train station and restaurants. Highly recommend

Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 24 February 2016

My husband and I stayed here recently for a short break. We were made to feel extremely welcome by the lovely hosts, the room was nice and big and very clean. Breakfast each morning was excellent. We will definitely stay her again and would recommend it 100%!

Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 22 February 2016

Our room was very clean & comfortable, the breakfasts were delicious and little details, like a drink and sweets left in our room every day for our 5 year old son, really made us feel welcome.

Tony and Gill were warm and accommodating as soon as we arrived and had an excellent knowledge of nearby attractions too.

We hope to stay at St. Edmunds again soon!

Roger, Jess & Zach