“family night”

Price range: US$7 - US$17
Cuisines: European
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Excellent food and service. Lively atmosphere, good selection of drinks. Children and dog friendly
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Food was excellent. Did have to wait a long time, but they apoligised and gave us all a drink on the house. Would go back again

1  Thank Maria C

Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

Visited the boaty this morning for what has to be one of the best breakfast's in the bay. Cooked to perfection !!! I noticed on previous review about it only being served " if they can be bothered" which is rubbish all the staff work really hard providing a great service maybe you should have rang first as they would have informed you that breakfast is served fri, sat and sundays!! So unfortunately you missed out on amazing breakkie... great veiws n great service.... well.done guys!!!

1  Thank Emma B
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Half term and the early evening rush was on. The service was good and the food was excellent, especially the turbot with pineapple on the specials. Good value too.

1  Thank dhstephens0n
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

I visited the Boathouse on 29th May 2014. I had planned to have a breakfast after checking the menu on their website. The menu stated breakfast served between 10 and 11:30. My family and I arrived at 10:50 and as we walked in we were told they were not doing breakfast but could have tea and toast. No explanation as to why and the man then walked away. This jogged my memory as I then recalled a visit several years before when exactly the same thing happened. I guess breakfast is just 10 till 11:30 when they can be bothered. Either that or I have visited on the 2 occasions in 5 years or so that they have been unable to deliver what they advertise. I will not be giving them a third chance and would recommend if you are tempted by any of the fare on offer, phone first just to check if they fancy serving any food that day. Also, restaurant looked fairly empty, maybe because they had turned everyone else away or because it is an eatery that doesn't serve food!

1  Thank amunro99
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Firstly telephoned to book a table as thought Friday evening would be busy. The lady was rude on the phone and offered us 6.30pm or 8.00pm. They then messed up how many people would be coming so had to wait while tables were reorganised!

Ordered our meals - nothing too amazing that would take ages to cook. My nachos were the last meal out! We waited for over an hour for food and were actually at the point of walking out due and going to get chips! We were starving and I had no desire to be eating a full meal at 9.30pm!

Won't be going back there or recommending it to anyone in a hurry! Such a shame as a beautiful location :(

2  Thank Iz21