“suited a wide age range”

Premier Inn Paignton Seafront (Goodrington Sands) Hotel
Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Paignton
Portland, Dorset
“suited a wide age range”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2012

Stayed here several times now. Ideal for disabled husband. Great for the grandchildren being so near the beach. Parking was good. Enjoyed the food and views.

Room Tip: Room 3 is a very good room for disabled as it has a large wet room.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank thedukeofearl

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
Ilchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2012

We chose this hotel as a cheapy get away for the weekend to celebrate 7 years together! The hotel was clean and comfy but the best thing by far was the cracking view!!!
I found myself just staring out the window (passers by must have thought i was a little weird!!)
I cant wait to book our next trip away, especially when the £29 rooms are on!
We didnt eat at the hotel due to the previous reviews on here, it didnt sell it to us, but we had a ten min drive south to Brixham for a gorgeous meal instead!
looking forward to the next stay...hopefully for more than one night!

Room Tip: I think all rooms had sea view...all good!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Walsall, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2012

We really enjoyed this hotel. It was great location, and we were literally right on the sea. It was super clean, and the bed was very comfortable. We stayed in room 19, which was great. The only con was the heating really didnt work. We were freezing.

Room Tip: Call ahead of time and request a sea view room.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank NJtoUK2008
Reading, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2012

We stay at Goodrington Sands as it is near to the family we visit a few times a year. We were pleasantly surprised at the standard of the hotel. The room was quiet, overlooked the sea and was very large and comfortable. Staff were friendly, there was decent parking and the breakfast & evening meals were great. We only stay out of season but couldn't ask for a better place for the money. Would definitively recommend.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
somerset
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 February 2012

Ideal location on seafront, playground close by, great location if you want to visit Paignton zoo. Staff helpful and friendly, room clean and comfortable, a good size bathroom, wardrobe not big, lots of steps on first floor corridor and 6 steps down to the bathroom in room. Restaurant ajoining is Brewers Fayre with good food and reasonable value with a small indoor play area for toddlers.

Room Tip: check if room has stairs to bathroom if you have a small toddler
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2012

Stayed here for 5 nights on business, the hotel itself is fairly new (open 18 months) and looked in good condition. My room was spacious and clean and to be honest I have no complaints here other than the windows could have done with a bit of a clean on the outside. One thing that did annoy me slightly was the amount of paraphernalia in the room advertising the Brewers Fayre restaurant which was attached to the hotel - it was everywhere you looked and made the room look a little untidy and on 3 occasions I awoke to find vouchers for a free drink (if purchased with a meal) posted under my door during the night which was a bit creepy. I was surprised to find that although someone had been in my room during the day to clean, the bedsheets were not changed once during my stay, not that this is a big deal or anything. There is 30 minutes of free wifi in rooms on a daily basis. I often found my mobile reception was a bit hit and miss throughout the hotel.
Breakfast was served in the Brewers Fayre pub attached to the hotel and I can honestly say the choice and quality of food on offer was very good. The staff couldn't do enough to help and were really friendly. The cereals, drinks and yoghurts etc were all branded as well.
By evening, the resturant attracted a lot of locals and was often quite busy - Im not sure why because the food was a let down (think Wetherspoons) and in my opinion the layout was all wrong with people crammed into litle corners of the restaurant while other areas were just wide open spaces. I ate here on 4 of the five nights I stayed - the only time I really enjoyed a meal was on the Chinese buffet evening (Tuesday) where you pay around £6 and help yourself to as much as you like. The bar/restaurant offer free wifi but this was really slow at times and quite often I was better off using the 3G on my phone.
I would probably stay here again but would equally be happy staying elsewhere.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Emma D
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2012

Stayed at this hotel last weekend as a last minute getaway. Fabulous location, right on the sea front. After reading previous reviews of the restaurant, I didn't intend to eat there, however after a busy day, I decided to after all. The food is standard pub grub, but not as bad as some others found it. Breakfast was usual Premier inn high standards.
I rang the week before & requested a sea view room, however the window was so small (room 24) that it was a bit pointless. The room was right above the pub so I was concerned that there might be noise, but it was fine. I think in the season it could be noisy as it seems a very popular pub.
Great park next door, will def return as my son really wanted to go in the waterpark which wasn't open in feb. Good base for exploring devon.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Paignton
Premier Inn Paignton South - Brixham Road
Premier Inn Torquay Hotel
The Redcliffe Hotel
The Redcliffe Hotel
#6 of 17 in Paignton

Been to Premier Inn Paignton Seafront (Goodrington Sands) Hotel? Share your experiences!