Wow! We could not have been happier with the Location or room we were allocated for our Easter break here. We were given Room 11 on the first floor which enjoys a wonderful seaview out over the Sands. Glorious.
The room itself is also considerably larger than the standard Premier Inn room (we've stayed in several), and as a family, we were really well provided for and not falling over each other. Room quality was immaculate, as seems to be the norm for Premier Inn, and staff were always friendly and helpful.
The only slight downside comes from the car parking. Arriving on Good Friday we found the car park to be completely full, it shares a pay and display carpark which is obviously popular for the beach but which does mean spaces are at a premium. Later, we managed to find a spot but were so concerned about not being able to find another on a different day, decided not to move the car at all for the rest of our stay.
The adjoining restaurant, the Brewer's Fayre is a very popular pub and so anyone deciding to have a Meal Deal should be advised to book the evening meal slot after breakfast or you may be disappointed and not get to eat when you would like.
All the food was lovely, but it was a little odd that the All you can eat breakfast is not buffet style for hot food, but you do need to order. This we found a little frustrating as you don't get the option to choose the amount you have despite them reassuring you that you can order more, not many people want to do that as it incurs another wait. All cold food choices and toast etc are buffet style and I'm not sure why they don't put the warm food out too, they have the facilities to as they have hot food out buffet style in the evenings.
Would give this place a 5 out of 5 if there was guaranteed parking and a better breakfast convenience wise, but on location and quality of accommodation it can not be bettered! well done, we will definitely be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With far reaching views across the beach, close to Paignton Zoo and beside Splashdown Waterpark ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Premier Inn so you can book your Premier Inn Paignton Seafront (Goodrington Sands) Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn Paignton (Goodrington Sands) Hotel Paignton
- Premier Inn Paignton Seafront (Goodrington Sands) Hotel Devon