“Fantastic location, hotel could be a lot better”

Redcliffe Lodge Hotel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Paignton
Redcliffe Lodge Hotel
Ranked #16 of 17 Hotels in Paignton
Reviewed 23 April 2008

The positive is that the view and location is great, on a sunny day I imagine it is one of the nices places to be in Paignton. Unfortunatly apart from the location there is not a lot going for this hotel the rooms are okay but there where problems with heating in several rooms while we were there, the shower was a lack luster , the food was pretty bad we had a couple of meals there the soup was straight of out of a heinz tin, the meat was rubbery I imangine it would be the kind of place you would see on Ramseys kitchen nightmares. Most of the vistors where fairly elderly and they didn't seem to mind the dated hotel and bad food but this hotel just does not stand up to modern hotels elsewhere around the country.

• Stayed: April 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
2  Thank YoungLondoner

Reviewed 30 April 2006

Having read the last review I was unsure what to expect when I arrived, but within my first 5 minutes there I realised the other reviewer couldn't have been more wrong!

The location is fantastic based literally on the beach, and within 5 minutes walk to the central shopping area. There's even a tunnel which leads down to the beach!

The rooms were a nice size and had great views of the whole of Torbay. And I don't know what the other guy was moaning about... the breakfasts were fab, you got exactly what you wanted, and if it wasn't on the menu, the Head Waitor was always more than happy to try and help! (Thanks Joel!)

Ok, there were a few of the 'senior clientele' but there were plenty of families and younger couples to balance it out!

I'm in my early 20's and spent the Easter break there with my girlfriend. We had a fantastic time and would definately visit again in the future.

• Stayed: April 2006
13  Thank JSTwigger
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 2 January 2006

Pompous old-fashioned seaside hotel that just doesn't cut it in today's world. The room was comfortable enough but it's all a little bit dated and Fawlty Towersish!

This place caters for the elderly clientele and probably makes a tidy sum from the silver pound. But simply doesn't appeal to the next generation.

Breakfast reminded me of eating at my grandmother's house - none of that foreign stuff here!

• Stayed: November 2005