The Palace
  • Breakfast included
Wulfruna Hotel(Paignton)
Queens Hotel(Paignton)
  • Pool
All reviewsexecutive roomhealth suitesea viewcourse evening mealsilver servicelovely hotelsea frontpublic roomson arrivalcoach partiescheese and biscuitsquality hotelsister hotelswimming poolsunday lunchsauna and steam roomhigh standard
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 September 2013

having visited the Palace for an 80th Birthday lunch some weeks ago and thoroughly enjoyed it..we decided to try the Palace for an evening meal and.what a super evening we had..I am delighted to say.the food was superb and the service excellent..the restaurant manager Sue and a very lovely young man called David couldn't do enough for us..the food a 5 course meal was delicious..I honestly cannot find fault at all.well done to John the Manager we look forward to seeing you again soon..we didn't stay the night so cannot comment on the rooms etc.but for anyone wanting a lovely hotel a stones throw from the beach this is the one for you

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
7  Thank Jackie G
General M, General Manager at The Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your very positive review of your recent meal at the Palace, I was extremely pleased to read that you had been looked after so well by Sue and her team and I will certainly pass on your comments to them, finaly I look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 12 September 2013

I can't comment about staying at this hotel as we never stayed here but having seen the interior and met the staff I would definetly consider it if I was in Devon again. We went for cream teas in the hotel, it was recommended to me by another trip advisor member and I have to say it was probably the best I've ever had. Warm scones, beautifully presented sandwiches, lovely view of the sea front. A really nice hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank jhmarshall
General M, General Manager at The Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2013

thank you so much for taking the time to post your extremely positive review of your visit to the Palace and I am so pleased that you enjoyed your scones and sandwiches. Thank you for your kind comments regarding the team here which I will certainly pass on and finaly may I add that we look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

top marks ,hotel great,staff profesional,and courtious,food great,plenty of it ,good portions and good quality,the public areas of hotel are spotless ,as are the gardens ,and also in a lovely position to enjoy paignton,a good stay

Room Tip: room 54 with balcony
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank anthonySWales

Thank you for posting your concise and very positive review, I am really pleased you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

My partner and I stayed at The Palace Hotel for 5 nights at the end of August. It is obviously a very popular hotel as we booked in January and ideally wanted an executive room but had to book a club room, which was still nice with a good view. I was impressed with the Reception before we had even arrived as they were so helpful with the queries I made beforehand, including booking some extra guests in to join us for dinner one night. I thought the spa facilities were one of the best I have known at a holiday destination type hotel and made the most of these almost every day during the stay. The food was wonderful, although I couldn't manage all 6 courses every evening but thought it was a great option. My partner loved being able to have dessert AND cheese and biscuits! The restaurant manager, Sue, was particularly attentive. All other staff were also very good, with the slight exception of just one waiter who made us feel a little rushed one evening and didn't give us the choice of the different cheeses. Overall we thoroughly enjoyed our stay, which was made all the more special by my partner proposing! The entertainment on our final night, Thursday 29th, was particularly good (Tony Squirrel and the magician). The magician performed a very impressive trick with my newly received engagement ring! There is plenty to do in the area as well so we will definitely be back some time. Thank you to everyone at the Palace Hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank CazAndrew

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your comprehensive and very positive review of your 5 night stay at the Palace. It was pleasing to read that you thought our pre arrival service was good and that your booking and other requests and questions were efficently dealt with. I am also pleased that you enjoyed the use of our Spa facility and that you used it comprehensively during your stay.I will certainly pass on your comments to the team especialy Sue as the team does enjoy hearing that all of their efforts are appreciated, I will also pass on your comments regarding the food to our chefs. Congratulations on your engagement and may I add we look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 2 September 2013 via mobile

Just come back from a 5 night stay at the Palace. Normally we have stayed at The Queens hotel, which is another hotel in the group based in Paignton however they were fully booked. At the Palace hotel we had a room with a loverly sea view which was great, really made the difference waking up in the morning looking out to sea. The room was spotless and the house keepers were all very friendly. The food was excellent plenty of different options available. We loved the garden and outside sitting areas where you could sit and watch the world go by. We had a issue with our washbasin and reported it to reception who apologised for the inconvenience caused and asked if they could send someone straight up to fix the issue. We were going out for a hour and came back job done no dramas very efficient. The only problem we have now is where do we go next time The Palace or the Queens

• Stayed: August 2013
5  Thank dobsoma
General M, General Manager at The Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your extremely positive review of your recent stay with us at the Palace, it is always pleasing to read that our guests have enjoyed all aspects of their stay with us and I will certainly pass on your comments to the team as they really do strive to ensure we give the best service that we can. Finaly may I add that we look forward to welcoming you back to either the Queens or The Palace.