“Excellent Hotel”
Review of The Palace

The Palace
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Paignton
Reviewed 21 March 2014

Spent 2 enjoyable midweek days in a first class hotel located on the sea front and 5 minutes from the town center. Rooms were well equipped and spotlessly clean and the hotel faciltities were second to none, with the added bonus of an indoor pool. The bar areas and patios were spacious and the food, bed,breakfast and evening meal was excellent. All the staff were friendly even when they were approached by a couple of MOP's (moaning old pensioners} about the wait for one of their meals. Highly recommended and will return

Room Tip: Sea view rooms are a bonus if you ask in advance
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Howard C
General M, Manager at The Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2014

Good Afternoon

Thank you very much for taking time to post such a positive review about the Palace. I am so pleased you enjoyed your two days stay with us and that you refer to the Palace as a “first class hotel”. We are privileged to be located in such beautiful surroundings and so close to town centre.
I am delighted you found the room to be well equipped and spotlessly clean and that you were satisfied with our leisure facilities. We do have two lounges where you can relax and take in outstanding scenery and enjoy lunch or afternoon tea.

I am very happy to hear you found your breakfasts and evening meals to be excellent. The chefs do strive to provide the best quality food by using local ingredients. All our departments work extremely hard to ensure customer service is first class and I am glad it shines through.

I am thrilled you would recommend us and I am looking forward to welcoming you to the Palace in the near future

Reviewed 10 March 2014

Just returned from the Palace after booking a last minute break on the first night we were put in to room 43 which was a lovely triple room but very noisy due to knocking noise and it went on through the night so didn't get much sleep but the following day we were moved to a double room no 36 which was lovely and quiet
The menu in the restaurant was excellent so much to chose from and the food was so tasty, nice comfortable lounges to sit around and enjoy your drink, all the staff were so pleasant and helpful and it's in a prime location right on the sea front

Room Tip: Room 36 was lovely but it's facing out to the back
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
11  Thank Mary M
General M, Manager at The Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2014

Good Evening

Thank you for taking time to post your review about the Palace.

I am sad to hear you found your room to be noisy on the first night and I can only apologise. However, I am glad we could move you to a quiet room the following morning where you could enjoy the rest of your stay.

I am delighted about your excellent comments regarding our food; we do offer a six course evening meal to all our guests which vary every day. I will be passing your great feedback to our chefs.

I am pleased you found our lounges to be comfortable and relaxing; we are very fortunate to have such beautiful views overlooking the sea.

We are very proud of our staff, they do work extremely hard and are credit to our company; customer service is very important to us and I am glad you noticed it during your break.

I do hope you come to visit us again to embrace our prime location and our friendly team.

Reviewed 2 March 2014

We choose this hotel based on the reviews and were not disappointed.
We stayed in a executive room with a view over the pier - nice clean room and a good size.
We particularly liked the tea/coffee with biscuits when we arrived and the phone call to see if we were happy with our room. We enjoyed all our meals and it's nice to see hot plates!
The staff were all excellent - they surprised us by knowing that we had arranged for our daughter to visit for dinner. The waiter was happy to bring our tea to the lounge after dinner.
The pool looked nice but we were too lazy to use it! Free parking is always welcome. Free wifi was fine downstairs but didn't seem to work upstairs but this might be a temporary fault.
The hotel caters mainly to older guests but there were a few younger people and kids.
Excellent value for money

12  Thank marcj

Good Evening

Thank you so much for sharing these great comments with us. I am very happy you were not disappointed with your stay at the Palace and that you enjoyed your executive room facing the sea. All our executive accommodation is spacious and boasts beautiful views over the bay. I am glad you found your room to be clean: our housekeeping team work extra hard to maintain high standards of cleanliness.

Here at the Palace we do strive to provide that extra service such as: tea/coffee on arrival and a courtesy phone call and I am pleased to hear it was appreciated.

I am also delighted you enjoyed all your meals in the hotel; we do have a great team in the kitchen who work hard to achieve guests' satisfaction.

Your comments about the staff are most welcome and I will pass your praise on to them.

We do offer all our guests free parking and I am glad it was welcomed. I am sad to hear you experienced few problems in the foyer with our free Wi-Fi and I am certain it was only a temporary fault which has been rectified now.

I do hope you will be returning to the Palace in the near future where you can relax and enjoy our hospitality again.

Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

Rooms are a little bit tired, kettle hair dryer, telephone very retro. Bed uncomfortable for me. Frequent knocking noise from plumbing/heating very annoying. Cream tea good in a nice warm environment. Service excellent from Kebba! Thanks Kebba!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Wendy A
General M, Manager at The Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Good morning,
I am extremely disappointed to note that you felt our rooms are a little tired as we are constantly keeping all of our rooms up to the highest standards. Although all of our kettles, hairdryers and telephones are new, we are now changing them for more modern style as and when needed.
Our beds are top of the range and the firmness is chosen to best suit the majority of people. However if you would have preferred a more firm mattress we could have changed this for you immediately ensuring that you had the bed that best suited your requirements.

I have investigated the noise which you heard and unfortunately there was an intermittent noise which has now been rectified. I do apologise if it had a negative impact on your stay.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your cream team and the ambiance in our sun lounge and I will pass on your kind comments to Kebba who will be delighted that you found his service to be excellent.

I do hope that you will return to stay with us in the future and if you do, it would be great to speak to you personally and I would be able to assist you with your room requirements to make sure your expectations are met.

Reviewed 24 February 2014

just returned from a long weekend break from the palace hotel.must say what an experience,the staff were absolutely amazing and the food was second to none.we had a set menu which neither of us could fault in fact we were spoilt for choice. the room was modern,clean with a 42inch tv bathroom had bath and seperate shower cubicle.beds were the comfiest we've slept in from a hotel point of view. executive room with side sea view.this hotel is definately on the way up from its 3 star rating.

12  Thank jeffreytracy
General M, Manager at The Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2014

Good Morning

Thank you for taking time to post your feedback about the Palace. I am most delighted that you enjoyed your experience with us. Your comments about the staff and food are most appreciated. All our departments take great pride in providing the best service for all our guests and I have passed your lovely comments to them.

I am pleased you found your room to be modern, clean and a comfortable bed; we do our best to maintain high standards and provide good quality fixtures and fittings in all our rooms. I am happy to hear you rate the Palace above our 3 star rating.

I am looking forward to welcoming you to the Palace in the near future.

Reviewed 23 February 2014

My friend and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Palace hotel. Everything was fantastic about it. The service by every member of the team was superb , nothing was too much trouble. It was a very personal service, acknowledging our room number and who we were each time we went to the reception. The dinner and breakfast were superb. Our friend who lives in Paignton joined us for dinner and was also extremely impressed. We will be booking into this hotel again when we return to Paignton.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
13  Thank Cherie186338

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for such a lovelyreview about your stay at the Palace. I am delighted that everything was fantastic for you and nothing was too much trouble for any of our staff. We do strive to excel in customer service and I am happy it was apparent to you.

I am glad you found the food to be superb and that the dining experience left your friend extremely impressed. Our chefs work hard to introduce different dishes and experiment with new fresh ingredients to produce good quality meals; and I will certainly pass your positive feedback to them.

In the meantime, I hope you will be returning to Paignton and booking your next stay with the Palace very soon.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

we have just spent a 4 day break at the palace and time allowing would have stayed longer from arrival to departure nothing was to much trouble for any member of staff the room facilitys where first class and comfortable the food from the freshly cooked breakfast to the 6 course evening meal where excelent the entertainment first class and the pool gym and spa where well equiped clean easely acsessible we are looking forward to returning soon thanks to everyone lyn mac

12  Thank maurice400
General M, Manager at The Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2014

Dear Lyn,

Thank you very much for taking time to post your positive review about the Palace Hotel. I am pleased to hear that nothing was too much trouble for our staff from your arrival to departure. Our team works very hard to provide excellent service and experience to remember.

I am also delighted you enjoyed the comfort of you room as we do our best to maintain the high standards of repair and cleanliness.

I am happy you found the food to be excellent; it is all sourced from our reputable local suppliers and, as you mentioned, cooked fresh every day. Your comments about entertainment and our Genisis Health Suite are most appreciated.

I am looking forward to welcoming you back to the Palace Hotel very soon and hopefully you could stay longer to enjoy our hospitality.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Paignton
Queens Hotel
#6 of 17 in Paignton
Summerhill Hotel
Summerhill Hotel
#1 of 17 in Paignton

Been to The Palace? Share your experiences!