The Palace
  • Breakfast included
Wulfruna Hotel(Paignton)
Queens Hotel(Paignton)
  • Pool
All reviewsexecutive roomhealth suitesea viewcourse evening mealsilver servicelovely hotelsea frontpublic roomson arrivalcoach partiescheese and biscuitsquality hotelsister hotelswimming poolsunday lunchsauna and steam roomhigh standard
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Stayed for 3 nights in this really nice sea front hotel in Paignton. From first pulling up the gardens were well maintained and the hotel in good nick. We were greeted in a friendly and efficient manner. The room was in a good condition with all the amenities one would expect. Breakfast was excellent and service fantastic. The gym and pool were well looked after and a great way to work off the breakfast!

My only gripe and hence the 4 rather than 5 stars was the excessive heat! The hotel was roasting, we had to have the fan on in the room all the time so as not too bake!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
General M, General Manager at The Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Good morning thank you for your great comments you have left, I am very pleased you were impressed with the appearance and decor of the hotel.
We do continuously maintain the gardens and hotel to the highest level.
We look forward to welcomeing you back to the palace very soon.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

Stayed 4 nights half board. Beautifully kept hotel, in immaculate grounds. Situated on the main road, with only a short stroll over to the pier and beach. Fantastic hotel. Friendly, helpful, courteous staff. Nothing ever too much trouble. The room was clean, and plenty of wardrobe and drawer space. Only criticism was that the lighting was poor, there was no central light.
Although we don't really go for the evening entertainments, we could still sit in the lounge without it being obtrusive.
The food was DELICIOUS. From the breakfast to the 6 course evening meal. Plenty of choices, generous portions and all served at the table by the waiter or waitress onto 'hot' plates. Prompt and pleasant service. Only one morning a slight hiccup which when we complained was swiftly dealt with by the duty manager in person, and sorted to our immediate satisfaction.
Has a health suite attached, and whilst neither of us are 'gym' bunnies, I did indulge in a massage.
We were sorry when it was time to leave. This is the best hotel we have ever stayed in. in the UK. Certainly hope to return.

Room Tip: if like me you have eyesight problems let the hotel know in advance as duty manager said they do have some rooms with additional lighting.
1  Thank greypowerKentEngland

Good morning thank you for the wonderful review you left, we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay at the palace, and you referred to the palace as ( The best hotel we have ever stayed in the uk).
I am so pleased you enjoyed our food, we strive to make only the best home cooked food for our guests, I hope you'll be returning to stay with us in the not to distance future.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

We could find nothing wrong with this hotel. Complimentary tea and buns on arrival.. Very friendly Staff. Food is excellent. Different entertainment every night.. Clean and comfortable surroundings. Lovely views of pier and sea front. Within walking distance of the shops. Manicured gardens and comfortable terraces to sit in There was even an Easter egg in our room. What more could you want.. Obviously, we have booked to go back.

Room Tip: Choose an executive room as they are larger with sea view.
1  Thank sueandandrew

Good morning i would like to thank you for your lovely comments you have left about the hotel, i am so pleased you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us.
I am delighted you have booked your next visit with the palace and we look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 18 April 2014

Very impressive, the aptly named Grand Hotel delivers on all counts. The service is superb, the staff very efficient and welcoming. Our room offered some breathtaking views across Paignton sea front and Torbay. The cost for our short break offered excellent value for money with the full English breakfast providing the icing on the cake. We would thoroughly recommend the Palace as the Hotel of choice in Paignton, well done.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
General M, Manager at The Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Good Afternoon

Thank you so much for such overwhelming comments about the Palace. I am thrilled you refer to us as “grand”. It is nice to hear you found the service to be superb and the staff efficient and welcoming. We take customer service very seriously and I am glad it shines through.

I am pleased you enjoyed your sea view room; we are very fortunate to have such wonderful views across the Bay. We do offer an excellent value for money without compromising on good quality and high standards and I am glad your breakfast was “the icing on the cake”.

I am ecstatic you would recommend the Palace as a first choice in Paignton.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

I spent a long weekend at the hotel from Friday to Monday. We were a group of visually impaired people on a weekend away. The hotel staff were excellent could not do enough for us and nothing was too much trouble. The food was out of this world good! The facilities were excellent with a pool and hot water bubble bath with free towels. The whole experience was good and i can recommend this any other disabled group. The staff were very responsive to guests requests at meal times and were prepared to alter the menu slightly to. The only slight criticism was that the vegetarian menu could have been better. Well done to the staff who made our stay so much better as it rained the whole weekend.

Room Tip: Do not have the room 45 as it is right by the lift.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank buyan_12

Good Afternoon

I would like to thank you for a lovely feedback about the Palace.

I am overjoyed you found our staff to be excellent; customer service is a priority to us and we always try to excel to satisfy our guests.

I am thrilled you refer to our food as “out of this world”; I will certainly pass your wonderful words to our chefs. I will be looking into our vegetarian options and I hope the dishes will be improved for your next visit.

I am glad you took the opportunity to enjoy our swimming pool and Jacuzzi. Our Genisis Health Suite is very popular with our guests for its relaxing and invigorating environment.

I am happy you would recommend us to other groups; our restaurant team takes a great care to accommodate all our guests’ needs and requests. As a company we put customer satisfaction and happiness first and I am pleased this has been appreciated.

I hope to welcome you to the Palace in not too distant future.