“Always a Lovely Stay”

Ranked #22 of 96 Paignton B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Always a Lovely Stay”
Reviewed 19 September 2012

We have stayed at Elberry Farm a couple of times now. We would certainly recommend Elberry Farm to anyone who wants to stay around Paignton, Torquay or Brixham.

Due to its unique location we had a choice of beaches right on our doorstep - Broadsands [not as busy as Goodrington Sands] and Elberry Cove [very quiet but pebbly this one].- there is also the nearby south west coast path which takes you to Brixham and beyond. - a very much "IDILLIC LOCATION" as previously reported, and easy to find.

We have had rooms at the rear as well as the front - alll very pleasant with nice views. Breakfasts are great and Mandy also cooked us several evening meals.

Although It is a working farm with horses and other farm animals and tractors and things, it is always peaceful and relaxing to stay. Just very pleasant to walk around the area in the evening.

Everyone very friendly and nothing is too much trouble with Mandy and Michael.

There are several nice country pubs to visit nearby as is Agatha Christie's Greenway, and in fact we have also used the farm as a base for exploring Devon [eg Dartmoor, Becky Falls, Bovey Tracey, Penneywell, etc] . And if you are a train buff, Paignton Steam Railway is closeby. Thoroughly recommended - already booked again for next year !!

A big Thankyou to Mandy and her family !!

Room Tip: We think it is Room 3 with its ensuite overlooking the gardens and fields that might be best for fam...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Swindon, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 September 2012

I stayed at Elberry Farm last night for just one night, I was not planning to stay in Paignton, but darkness was closing in so I made a very last minute chance booking from a local advert.

I must say, I was very pleased with my stay and I'm looking forward to going back again for a long weekend some time.

Since I was staying on my own, I sat with Mandy and Michael for the evening in their living room and felt very welcome, a very friendly pleasant family.

I booked a twin room without en suite as I was choosing to keep the cost down, but the shared bathroom was right outside my room, was very clean, well decorated and had a nice warm powerful shower.

A very comfortable bed, and an almost secluded location meant for a good night sleep - no rumbly traffic noises, the most you'll hear is the occasional grunt from the horses in the yard.

Since I arrived in darkness, it was lovely to see the immaculately kept farmhouse gardens in the morning, and Mandy was kind enough to make breakfast early for me as I had a long day ahead. My English breakfast was faultless and generous offerings of fruit, cereal, yoghurt etc were also laid out.

Since staying, I have seen on Google maps, the secluded beach behind the B&B, and I'm very much looking forward to exploring the area more when I return!

Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
Newcastle under Lyme, Staffordshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 September 2012

We arrived in what can ONLY be described as an IDILLIC LOCATION! A working farm right on the coast, on its own private road with NO other traffic!! within less than 5mins. walk of a long sandy beach one way & a rocky cove the other...Rooms were superb & the Welcome even better!!! The food was faultless as was the friendly atmosphere! Rooms were clean & well decorated. Price was exceptional value for what you get, we booked direct by phone via the website, £25pp for a non en-suite & ONLY £30pp for en-suite B&B....We will DEFINITELY be heading back to Elberry Farm thats for sure!
With Coastal walks straight from the Farm gate into Brixham through beautiful woodland which drops onto two more secluded coves (which were empty despite the hot sunny weather!) as well as a slightly longer walk into Paignton, whats NOT to like about this place!!
We would like to take this opportunity to thank Mandy & Michael again for what we could ONLY describe as a SUPERB weeks holiday!!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Hampshire
Reviewed 13 September 2012

Despite the address being Elberry Lane the farm is NOT in Elberry Lane, I know, I walked the Lane twice looking for it! You must print off the map on their site or like us you will take an hour to find it. When we arrived no one was in. There was a note on the door with a telephone number but when we rang, it was switched off! After quarter of an hour their daughter arrived and showed us to a nice on suite room that was spotlessly clean and well decorated.
At breakfast I queried the price of breakfast, I had booked with Late Rooms at £60 a night and was then asked by Late Rooms if I wanted breakfast at £8 for my room. I ticked the yes box and was billed £76 !
The explanation I was given was that they pay a large fee to Late Rooms and it would have been cheaper if I had booked from their web site, (which when I booked I did not know they had!). However although I had given my card details to Late Rooms she informed me that was to protect my booking and that she required the £76 now in cash. (Probably because of the shocked look on my face she magnanimously reduced it to £75).
Probably a 1/4 of a mile (as the crow flies) is a beautiful twelfth century hotel called Churston Court. Go for a drink in their bar and ask yourself would you like to stay here for £1 LESS than staying in a private B&B.
There is nothing wrong with Elberry Farm if you get it a a good price, but watch where you book.

Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank keithsuejames
mandytooze, Manager at Elberry Farm Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 29 May 2013
I am sorry for any inconvenience that booking through laterooms caused you, but glad you enjoyed the stay despite this.
Dorking
Reviewed 11 September 2012

We only stayed one night, but would have happily stayed longer if circumstances had allowed. Very comfortable and spotlessly clean rooms plus a friendly welcome from Mandy and her family, made our stay enjoyable and relaxing. We had the en suite family room which overlooked a big walled garden and paddocks, and the sea air and peace and quiet ensured a really good nights sleep. Mandy was kind enough to sort us out an early breakfast as we had a long day ahead of us, which was much appreciated. The cove and beach are just 2 minutes walk away and it is a very picturesque spot overlooking the bay. Highly recommended and we wouldn't look any further than a phone call to Mandy if we were headed down to Devon again.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 September 2012

I first stayed at Elberry Farm when I was two years old, and visited each year with my parents and sister up until 2006. I returned in August with my friend and 2 year old Godson, and all that had changed was the decor. Mandy is a wonderful hostess who greets you with a cup of tea/coffee/juice and a tour of the guest house. Breakfasts are lovely, made to order, and fresh fruit and yoghurts are available, served in the dining room where guests greet and speak freely to each other creating a warm atmosphere. We also had home made dinners for three evenings, which were very tasty. The garden is absolutely beautiful and my Godson enjoyed running around it, as well as feeding the horses, sitting on the tractor with Michael and playing with the dogs, just as I did all those years ago.

Elberry Farm is in a great location for Broadsands beach, Elberry Cove, Brixham, Paignton and Torquay. Mandy and Michael (and their family) make your stay enjoyable and memorable, truly a home from home. Would recommend it to friends and family. We will be back next year!

Room Tip: Rooms One and Three have a great view overlooking the garden and the horses field!
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Thanks Megan. Brilliant to see you as always and glad you all had a lovely time here :)
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 August 2012

This farm is on the coast just between Paignton and Brixham. My wife and I stayed here over the weekend of our wedding, as we come down to Devon regularly and just love the two beaches that are within walking distance of the farm (Broadsands beach and Elberry Cove). I always prefer to stay at places where you get the personal touches of hospitality. The owner, Mandy, is a lovely lady who went out of her way to make our stay perfect. When my wife and I returned after our wedding, we found that Mandy had decorated our room with little extra touches - a small bottle of champagne, some nice chocolates and strawberries, all at no extra cost. Our room was a family en-suite overlooking the beautiful walled garden and the fields beyond, which was lovely to wake up to in the morning. It was also nice to watch the horses in the yard in the morning. Breakfast was very good, and the other guests seemed to chat and greet one another in the dining-room, making for a very pleasant atmosphere. I am glad to have found this place and I will be staying here again, as well as recommending it to friends and family. Thank you!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Paignton
Quayside Hotel
#1 of 2 in Churston Ferrers
Trefoil Guest House
Trefoil Guest House
#7 of 25 in Brixham

Been to Elberry Farm Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!