“Working farm on a coastal location”

and 1 more site!
Elberry Farm Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #18 of 96 Paignton B&B and Inns
Devon
“Working farm on a coastal location”
Reviewed 9 April 2013

A traditional family farm and stables on a beautiful stretch of the coastline. A wonderfully friendly, warm welcome from the family, warm comfortable rooms and a really great breakfast. A perfect place to stay for exploring the surrounding countryside and coastal paths. Would recommend to friends and will definately be returning.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Swindon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 March 2013

I stayed at Elberry Farm last month with my mother - unfortunately only for 1 night!
Mandy was on holiday, but Gemma her daughter did her credit with a lovely warm welcome for us both and our dogs. It was a cold night, but the room was lovely and warm. Gemma served up a superb breakfast and nothing was too much trouble - she found time to chat before leaving for school. Would definately stay here again - hopefully for longer.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
mandytooze, Manager at Elberry Farm Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 29 May 2013
Gemma, my daughter, enjoyed looking after you and making you welcome here at the farm! Hope you stay here again when you are next down this way.
Tralee, Ireland
Reviewed 26 February 2013

This is the kind of holiday location for which Devon is reknowned - a pretty, family run farmhouse just a stones throw from a sandy beach - a real family beach too. The gorgeous Mandy keeps a lovely clean and well decorated house.and along with the rest of her family makes you most welcome. I can't add up all the nights I stayed here over the years.. but I never tire of going back!

You could probably save a couple of quid and stay in Brixham or Paignton - but that's not the point is it.... holidays are for relaxing!

If you like horses then this is definately the place to go too.. Mandy and her girls are horse mad and am sure could chat al day long abou them.

First time I went here SatNav and mobile phones had yet to be invented, but I found it straight away in the dark!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
London
Reviewed 1 November 2012

I stayed at Elberry Farm with my mother a couple of weekends ago. Mandy was a great host. very welcoming. The room was tastefully decorated, really comfortable with lovely beds and linens. the breakfast set us up for the day ahead. The bed and breakfast really is on a working farm so you get a really good Devonshire experience. Literally a stone's throw from two great beaches - the quiet and secluded Elberry Cove and the wide and more accessible Broadsands, Elberry Farm is a great location for lovely coastal walks or lazing around on the beach. We went off-season - Devon is lovely at this time of year. We'll definitely be back to stay at the Farm.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
northwich
Reviewed 18 October 2012

Stayed one week in August this year.A lovely quiet spot,close to all the torbay amenities. Broardsands beach is perfect for all ages. You will be really comfortable here. The bedrooms are better than many a large four star hotel'the lounge and dining room equally comfortable. Mandy welcomes everyone and her breakfasts are the best. Outside is a large safe garden and the many horses in the stables are beautiful,to say nothing of the friendly dogs. Will come again

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 September 2012

We have stayed at Elberry Farm a couple of times now. We would certainly recommend Elberry Farm to anyone who wants to stay around Paignton, Torquay or Brixham.

Due to its unique location we had a choice of beaches right on our doorstep - Broadsands [not as busy as Goodrington Sands] and Elberry Cove [very quiet but pebbly this one].- there is also the nearby south west coast path which takes you to Brixham and beyond. - a very much "IDILLIC LOCATION" as previously reported, and easy to find.

We have had rooms at the rear as well as the front - alll very pleasant with nice views. Breakfasts are great and Mandy also cooked us several evening meals.

Although It is a working farm with horses and other farm animals and tractors and things, it is always peaceful and relaxing to stay. Just very pleasant to walk around the area in the evening.

Everyone very friendly and nothing is too much trouble with Mandy and Michael.

There are several nice country pubs to visit nearby as is Agatha Christie's Greenway, and in fact we have also used the farm as a base for exploring Devon [eg Dartmoor, Becky Falls, Bovey Tracey, Penneywell, etc] . And if you are a train buff, Paignton Steam Railway is closeby. Thoroughly recommended - already booked again for next year !!

A big Thankyou to Mandy and her family !!

Room Tip: We think it is Room 3 with its ensuite overlooking the gardens and fields that might be best for fam...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Swindon, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 September 2012

I stayed at Elberry Farm last night for just one night, I was not planning to stay in Paignton, but darkness was closing in so I made a very last minute chance booking from a local advert.

I must say, I was very pleased with my stay and I'm looking forward to going back again for a long weekend some time.

Since I was staying on my own, I sat with Mandy and Michael for the evening in their living room and felt very welcome, a very friendly pleasant family.

I booked a twin room without en suite as I was choosing to keep the cost down, but the shared bathroom was right outside my room, was very clean, well decorated and had a nice warm powerful shower.

A very comfortable bed, and an almost secluded location meant for a good night sleep - no rumbly traffic noises, the most you'll hear is the occasional grunt from the horses in the yard.

Since I arrived in darkness, it was lovely to see the immaculately kept farmhouse gardens in the morning, and Mandy was kind enough to make breakfast early for me as I had a long day ahead. My English breakfast was faultless and generous offerings of fruit, cereal, yoghurt etc were also laid out.

Since staying, I have seen on Google maps, the secluded beach behind the B&B, and I'm very much looking forward to exploring the area more when I return!

Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Paignton
Summerhill Hotel
#1 of 2 in Churston Ferrers
Beacon House B&B
Beacon House B&B
#1 of 26 in Brixham

Been to Elberry Farm Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!