“Good place for group booking”

Travelodge Paignton Seafront
Ranked #8 of 17 Hotels in Paignton
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Used this travel lodge as part of a large group booking, location is good, short taxi ride and you’re in the centre of Torquay. Rooms were clean and ok, slept 3/4 per room. Staff very helpful and understanding, helped where possible. Had breakfast once at hotel, good value in the fact it’s a buffet, but quality wise you can get a lot better in the town. Overall this place served its purpose and would use again. Must support the recent reviews of the parking situation, they could do with more spaces and it should be free.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Pz23

Reviewed 8 May 2014

Stay was let down by the fact there was a car parking charge of £5.00 per day. Having booked in for 3 days that amounted to £15.00 (Disgarceful!! ) I have never stayed at a Travel Lodge where parking had to be paid for. Add insult to injury I was told by the hotel if you vacate your parking space it is not reserved for you, if you come back to the hotel and the car park is full, 'tough' you will have to park in another car park somewhere else and pay - WHAT!!!, I was gobsmacked not believing what I was hearing.

Also there was an incident where the car park representative turned up in his car to check car parking tickets were displayed appropriately. This ignorant person decided he would park in an unofficial unmarked space in the disabled car park in the front of the hotel. He literally blocked a friend of mine in, in the disabled car park and he was unable to get out. When the attendant was politely asked by my friend to move his car so he could get out, his attitude was something to be desired I can tell you, so rude and not an ambassador for the Brand at all I'm sad to say.

This so called attendant was also allowing one of the Hotel workers to park in an unofficial unmarked space in the disabled car park (FREE!!) causing an obstruction to the disabled users using the car park. Anyone else would have no doubt received a parking fine.

There were several occasions where the card payment facility was not available being 'system down' and I was forced to pay cash, not sure what I would have done if I had not had the cash available at the time to pay for breakfast x 2 (£15.50), gone without breakfast I suppose, as they refused to put the charge on my room account.

Cleanliness of the Hotel was good as it is new etc, beds extremely comfy. Wardrobe non existent, just a shelf with a bar underneath to hang a few things up, you would struggle if you were staying for a while and had more than a dozen items to hang up.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank 572adrianm
Reviewed 8 May 2014

My husband and I have been staying at this Travelodge for the last 2 years while visiting the BMAD festival every May bank holiday. The rooms are always clean, with fresh clean towels provided. The rooms are also cleaned every day and fresh clean towels are provided every day. The breakfasts and meals are available almost 24/7 as the staff are so accommodating and friendly. I would highly recommend staying here anytime.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Fantastic hotel in a great location but the parking is a joke you pay £5 for 24 hours that's fine as long as you don't go out in your car because if you do you will be very lucky to get a space when you return and all the reception staff say is its first come basis and there is a council car park 2 streets away that you have to pay again on . There are nowhere near enough spaces for the size of hotel . my advise if you are out all day and only want to park over night don't bother with the Travelodge car park because its only £2.20 on the council carpark and there are loads of spaces

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank low086
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I was a little dubious about my stay when I had a few problems with the online booking, however, I was very pleasantly surprised when we arrived! We were a family of 2 adults, 2 children looking for a stop over in Paignton to extend our weekend away in Brixham. The Travelodge is literally a 2 min walk to the beach. We arrived just after 3pm and managed to get a space in the car park (The only downside to this hotel is the small car park but thanks to Trip advisor we already knew this!) We paid £5 for 24 hours and didn't use the car until we checked out the following afternoon as we walked everywhere as it was so close to the town centre. There is also a new play park on the beach front which the kids loved and was only a 5 min walk away from the Travelodge. The room was a good size with a king size bed and 2 singles all ready and made up for us. The bathroom was spotless with plenty of towels supplied and there were tea/coffee making facilities supplied as well as a flat screen tv in the room.
The staff were friendly and the hotel itself very secure. Access to the rooms was via a credit card type pass and this was used at night time to gain entry to the building when the doors were locked. There was also an access door to all the rooms, just off reception which was also accessible only with the room pass so felt safe and secure.
We didn't include breakfast with our booking but paid the extra in the morning to have it as it smelt so good!...and we weren't disappointed. We had the full breakfast (Kids ate free with paying adult) which was a buffet style so you could have as much or as little as you wanted. The hot food was all cooked fresh and there was plenty of it. A very good selection...the kids loved it!
A very nice hotel within easy reach of the town centre. Ideal location. We will definitely recommend this hotel and I'm sure we will be returning very soon as we love Paignton!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Sarah P
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Parking!!! Found a space daren't move the car again!! £5 per day!! Move lose your space and money and park 2 streets down!! My Husband would`ve hit the roof! I didn't realise till day before when I decided to read reviews and tried to book elsewhere! Had a quiet drink in the Bar was not so quiet, tables and chairs scrapped across the floor due to mopping! Rooms window was broken so no sleep as it decided to rain and there was a bit of wind which sounded like a hurricane in the room so no sleep! Upstairs room liked to pace back and fourth regularly 5 mins at a time!!! Drunk noisy residents returning drunk at 02.30 in the morning! We were booked for three nights but after the second night of not much sleep we were shattered and decided to go home and get a good nights sleep!! The receptionist apologised and said he`d get me a refund for missed night but no sign of it!!!!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Stayed here for a couple of nights in April. Lovely clean and comfortable room. Nice breakfast. Near to shops and seafront. Good parking facilities. Clean towels daily. Nice big comfortable bed. Would recommend

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends